Contact Our Attorneys
Portsmouth AV Rated Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Better Business Bureau Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth, VA Multi Million Dollar Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Super Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Injury Categories
- Air crashes
- Birth injuries
- Bus crashes
- Car accidents
- Client testimonials
- Dangerous drugs
- Downtown Tunnel
- Fatal accidents
- Gas leaks
- Medical malpractice
- Midtown Tunnel
- Military families
- Passenger injuries
- Pedestrian accidents
- personal injury
- Pregant women
- Premises Liability
- Product liability
- Railroad accidents
- red light runners
- Seat belts
- Single vehicle wrecks
- Teen drivers
- Truck accidents
- Unborn children
- Work zone accidents
- Wrongful death
- Portsmouth Car Accident Lawyer Report : Downtown Tunnel Sees the Most Crashes
- Alcohol Makes Fourth of July Holiday the Deadliest on the Roads of the USA
- Tunnel Congestion Causes Accidents in Portsmouth, VA
- Three Are Injured in Accidents on I-164 in Portsmouth, VA
- Virginia State Police Investigate How Two Pedestrians Were Hit and Injured on I-264 in Portsmouth
Helping Our Portsmouth Clients
If you have been hurt in a car, truck or motorcycle crash or by a fall or on a railroad, we are here to help. We are here to help if you have lost a loved one through the fault of another. The Cooper Hurley Law Firm has decades of experience in personal injury cases.
We work with personal injury cases only and serve the residents of Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Newport News, Hampton, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Portsmouth and the Eastern Shore of Virginia as well as north eastern North Carolina.
We offer free consultation and can come to you if you can't come to use.
Call (757) 455-0077 to make an appointment at our Norfolk office.
- One year later, tunnel tolls have had mixed effects February 1, 2015PORTSMOUTH Sunday is the first anniversary of tolls at the Downtown and Midtown tunnels. Predictions of widespread devastation to businesses haven't come true.
- Report: Missy Elliott to join Super Bowl halftime show January 30, 2015PHOENIX Missy Elliott is going to "Work It" at the Super Bowl with Katy Perry. A person familiar with the plans for Sunday's halftime show tells The Associated Press that Grammy winner Elliott is slated to make a surprise appearance during Perry's performance.
- Portsmouth superintendent gets a $31,000 pay bump January 29, 2015PORTSMOUTH The new school superintendent will be paid $31,000 more than originally negotiated after a split School Board vote Thursday. Elie Bracy III will earn $215,000 in base pay when he starts next month. In December, the board unanimously approved a contract to hire Bracy for $184,000. […]
- Eastbound Downtown Tunnel closed this weekend January 29, 2015PORTSMOUTH Don’t forget: the eastbound lanes of the Downtown Tunnel will be closed this weekend. The lanes will close at 8 p.m. Friday and reopen at 5 a.m. Monday, according to a news release from Elizabeth River Tunnels. Single-lane closures will continue Monday through Thursday, from 8 each night to 5 the following morning. The lanes are scheduled to close […]
- No injuries in gas station robbery in Portsmouth January 28, 2015PORTSMOUTH A cashier was not injured Tuesday night during a robbery at the Hess in the 3600 block of Airline Blvd. The robbery was reported shortly after 10 p.m. after two men went into the store, approached the employee and demanded money, police wrote in a news release. One of the men had a gun. After the robbery, the two men fled. […]
- Portsmouth superintendent contract still unavailable January 27, 2015PORTSMOUTH On Dec. 18, the School Board voted to hire its next superintendent: Elie Bracy III. On Thursday, board members are scheduled to vote on a revised version of his contract. But the division has yet to provide a copy to the public. The document includes Bracy’s salary and other benefits, such as information about a car or housing allowance, and any r […]
- $10,000 reward offered in Portsmouth slaying case January 26, 2015PORTSMOUTH Philadelphia Cold Cuts is offering a $10,000 reward for information in the death of an 18-year-old found at the shop earlier this month, police said. Omar V. Booker was pronounced dead Jan. 20 at the shop in the 2300 block of King Street. The reward is offered separately from a $1,000 Crime Line reward for which tipsters could be eligible. […]
- Ministry offers new start January 26, 2015Hospital stays. Unemployment. Homelessness. Incarceration. These bleak conditions were a reality for Zachary Dail a few years ago. These days, he works with a men's program and is a vocalist in a worship band. What made the difference? A Portsmouth-based ministry that changes individuals from the inside out. "I wouldn't be here without Victory […]
- Red Cross helps six displaced by Portsmouth fire January 23, 2015PORTSMOUTH The Red Cross is helping six people displaced by a fire this morning at a home on Cushing Street near George Washington Highway. The fire was reported about 3:05 a.m., according to dispatchers. The relief organization is helping the three adults and three children with a place to stay along with other items, a news release says. There was no word […]
- Reminder: Downtown Tunnel closure this weekend January 23, 2015PORTSMOUTH The eastbound lanes of the Downtown Tunnel will be closed this weekend. The lanes will close at 8 tonight and reopen at 5 a.m. Monday, according to a news release from Elizabeth River Tunnels. Single-lane closures will continue Monday through Thursday, from 8 each night to 5 the following morning. The lanes are scheduled to close again next weeken […]
- One year later, tunnel tolls have had mixed effects February 1, 2015
Cooper Hurley Sites
Virginia Personal Injury Lawyers
Virginia Beach Car and Truck Accident Attorneys
Norfolk, VA Car and Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyers
Suffolk, VA Accident Injury Lawyers
Virginia Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Chesapeake Truck and Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Hampton Car and Truck Injury Lawyers
Virginia Brain Injury Attorneys
Newport News Car and Truck Accident Lawyers
Eastern Shore of Virginia Injury Lawyers
Virginia Wrongful Death Lawyers
Virginia Railroad/FELA Injury Lawyers
North Carolina Injury Attorney
Cooper Hurley Books
Your Rights When You Are Injured on the Railroad
- REPAIRS TO BEGIN ON ROUTE 31 BRIDGE OVER POWHATAN CREEKThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-264 LANE AND RAMP CLOSURES SCHEDULED FEBRUARY 1 - 7This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- HAMPTON ROADS AREA LANE CLOSURE FORECAST, FEB. 1 THROUGH FEB. 7This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- REMINDER: I-264 EAST DOWNTOWN TUNNEL CLOSED THIS WEEKENDThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- WINTER WEATHER MAY IMPACT MORNING COMMUTEThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- WEEKLY LANE CLOSURE FORECAST, JAN. 25 THROUGH JAN. 31This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- ROUTE 301 BRIDGE AT FONTAINE CREEK NOW OPENThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-264 LANE AND RAMP CLOSURES SCHEDULED JANUARY 25-31This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-264 LANE AND RAMP CLOSURES SCHEDULED JANUARY 18-26This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- WEEKLY LANE CLOSURE FORECAST, JAN. 18 THROUGH JAN. 24This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- REPAIRS TO BEGIN ON ROUTE 31 BRIDGE OVER POWHATAN CREEK
- Portsmouth Judicial Center
Move Schedule Announced07/27/2012
- "Cool City" Cooling Stations Activated07/26/2012
- Mosquito Control Tips07/24/2012
- Portsmouth in Postcards - Presented by Keith & Pam Atkins07/20/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony Held07/20/2012
- Cooling Stations Activated July 18-1907/18/2012
- Coast Guard City Celebration August 2 – 407/17/2012
- 26th Annual Gospelrama August 4-507/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony07/16/2012
- Hurricane Preparedness Reminder07/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Move Schedule Announced
- Weather: Increasing clouds and warmer on SundaySunday will be mostly cloudy with a high near 51. Rain is expected in the evening, after midnight.. The low will be around 44 Rain is forecast for Monday, mainly before 1 p.m. The high will be near 59 and it will be breezy in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 31 mph.
- Weather | Chilly Saturday, rainy SundayA cold Saturday is likely to lead into a rainy Sunday across Hampton Roads. Overnight lows should dip to near 20 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. Highs Saturday likely will be in the upper 30s, with winds continuing to gust past 15 mph. Lows Saturday night should be in the mid-20s.
- Weather: Breezy, gradual clearing and a high of 45The rain should clear later this morning and skies should become gradually sunny. Highs should be about 45 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. Expect breezy conditions today, with a northwest wind of 13 to 22 mph and gusts of 30 to 35 mph.
- Photo | Lunch on the run in NorfolkTakeisha Glasgow eats a late lunch as she returns to her workplace in Norfolk today. Today's temperatures hit the low 40s, which is par for the course for the weekend. […]
- Weather: Increasing clouds, highs near 45 degreesClouds will increase today as a calm wind increases to 5 to 8 mph out of the south, according to the National Weather Service. Highs today should be about 45 degrees and lows should be in the mid-30s. It should be mostly cloudy tonight with a south wind of 9 to 15 mph, shifting to the west overnight, as a cold front crosses the region.
- Flight disruptions continue at D.C., Baltimore airportsWASHINGTON Dozens of flights were canceled and delayed at the three major airports in the Washington-Baltimore region as the Northeast recovers from a powerful winter storm. The flight tracking service FlightAware shows that more than 30 flights in and out of Reagan National Airport were canceled Wednesday.
- Weather: Sunny, in the upper 30s, then a cold nightAfter Tuesday's widespread dusting of snow, there is no more precipitation in this week's forecast. Today should be sunny with highs in the upper 30s. Winds out of the northwest should be 13 to 16 mph. Lows tonight should be about 25 degrees with a north wind of 5 to 9 mph, according to the National Weather Service.
- Snow causes delays in Hampton RoadsA winter weather advisory will go through this afternoon, according to the National Weather Service. As a result of the forecast for snow and rain, some delays have been announced for area schools and military bases. VIRGINIA Accomack County schools will operate on a two-hour delay with no early dismissal this afternoon.
- Photos | Snow in Hampton RoadsNORFOLK Snow fell on Hampton Roads this morning, coating grass, trees and cars. A few areas saw a little coverage on the roads and drivers were being urged to be cautious on bridges and overpasses where ice was possible until air temperatures rose above freezing.
- Hundreds of flights canceled in Washington-Baltimore regionWASHINGTON Travelers trying to fly in or out of the Washington-Baltimore region are in for a headache because of winter weather. The flight tracking service FlightAware shows that more than 220 flights in and out of Reagan National Airport have been canceled.
- Weather: Increasing clouds and warmer on Sunday
Portsmouth Injury Tagsaccident accidents attorney attorneys car carbon monoxide cars child congestion Cooper Cooper Hurley crash defective products Downtown Tunnel drunk driving DUI Hampton Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Hurley hurt I-64 I-95 injured injuries injury John Cooper lawyer lawyers loss of life Midtown Tunnel Newport News Norfolk pedestrian Portsmouth Portsmouth injury lawyer Portsmouth Redevelopment and Housing Authority seat belt truck trucks VA VDOT Virginia Virginia Beach wreck wrongful death
Tag Archives: Hickory Fork Road
By Jim Hurley, Portsmouth, VA Wrongful Death Lawyer In a new blog on the Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys site my colleague John Cooper writes about the death of a pedestrian in Gloucester County, VA. The driver involved in this accident was charged … Continue reading