Contact Our Attorneys
Portsmouth AV Rated Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Better Business Bureau Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth, VA Multi Million Dollar Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Super Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Injury Categories
- Air crashes
- Birth injuries
- Bus crashes
- Car accidents
- Client testimonials
- Dangerous drugs
- Downtown Tunnel
- Fatal accidents
- Gas leaks
- Medical malpractice
- Midtown Tunnel
- Military families
- Passenger injuries
- Pedestrian accidents
- personal injury
- Pregant women
- Premises Liability
- Product liability
- Railroad accidents
- red light runners
- Seat belts
- Single vehicle wrecks
- Teen drivers
- Truck accidents
- Unborn children
- Work zone accidents
- Wrongful death
- Portsmouth Car Accident Lawyer Report : Downtown Tunnel Sees the Most Crashes
- Alcohol Makes Fourth of July Holiday the Deadliest on the Roads of the USA
- Tunnel Congestion Causes Accidents in Portsmouth, VA
- Three Are Injured in Accidents on I-164 in Portsmouth, VA
- Virginia State Police Investigate How Two Pedestrians Were Hit and Injured on I-264 in Portsmouth
Helping Our Portsmouth Clients
If you have been hurt in a car, truck or motorcycle crash or by a fall or on a railroad, we are here to help. We are here to help if you have lost a loved one through the fault of another. The Cooper Hurley Law Firm has decades of experience in personal injury cases.
We work with personal injury cases only and serve the residents of Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Newport News, Hampton, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Portsmouth and the Eastern Shore of Virginia as well as north eastern North Carolina.
We offer free consultation and can come to you if you can't come to use.
Call (757) 455-0077 to make an appointment at our Norfolk office.
- Semitruck tears down power lines, knocks out power for hundreds in Portsmouth August 5, 2015PORTSMOUTH A semitruck snagged and ripped out power lines tonight, cutting power to hundreds of people, police said. No one was hurt when the accident happened just before 5 p.m., but there were live power lines on High Street in Portsmouth and on the truck itself, Portsmouth police Detective Misty Holley said.
- Local Coast Guard service members celebrate branch's 225th anniversary August 5, 2015PORTSMOUTH U.S. Coast Guard members celebrated the 225th anniversary of their branch of the military Tuesday. Vice Adm. Dean Lee, Atlantic Area commander, and Rear Adm. Stephen Metruck, fifth district commander, and other members of the Coast Guard joined Portsmouth city officials near the waterfront to celebrate the anniversary. City officials recognized the milestone with […]
- Science projects go under August 4, 2015Michael Kroll and James Melton stood side-by-side at the edge of a 500-gallon testing tank, staring at their cell phone screens. "Are you on your cell phone?" an older onlooker asked incredulously. The two answered in unison. "No, we're taping."
- Young missionaries sell lemonade to raise money for research August 4, 2015Jaden Smith, a fourth-grader at Churchland Elementary, had a good reason to give up a recent beautiful summer day to ask shoppers to contribute to Squeeze Out Cancer. He's doing it for a good friend and classmate who is battling cancer.
- Car flips over on Western Freeway in Portsmouth August 3, 2015PORTSMOUTH A car flipped over on Western Freeway Monday afternoon, sending the driver to the hospital. The accident happened at the intersection of the freeway and Towne Point Road around 2:10 p.m, said police dispatcher Kareem Sharef. The driver was taken to Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center after medics were on scene, but police did […]
- Chesapeake man dies of gunshot at Portsmouth hospital August 3, 2015PORTSMOUTH A 24-year-old Chesapeake man died from a gunshot wound Sunday afternoon, police said. Demetrius White walked into Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center with a gunshot wound about 12:30 p.m. and died soon after, Detective Misty Holley, a Portsmouth police spokeswoman, said in a news release.
- Portsmouth's principals school the board on needs August 2, 2015PORTSMOUTH John Tyler Elementary School needs more qualified math and English teachers. Cradock Middle needs a data analyst to help its staff identify and solve academic problems. Westhaven Elementary needs more computer labs.
- Police: Man robs downtown Portsmouth Church's Chicken August 1, 2015PORTSMOUTH Police say a man robbed a Church's Chicken in downtown overnight. Around 1:53 a.m., police received a call about a robbery that had occurred at the restaurant located at 350 Effingham Street, according to a news release.
- School accreditation rates to increase across Portsmouth division August 1, 2015PORTSMOUTH More schools will achieve full accreditation this year over last year, according to preliminary data discussed Friday at the School Board's annual retreat. Of the division's 19 schools, 11 will be fully accredited, compared with six last year, school leaders said. The state Education Department will release official results this fall.
- Portsmouth utilities director resigns, officials say July 31, 2015PORTSMOUTH The flight of Portsmouth department heads continued Friday when Public Utilities Director Bryan Foster submitted his resignation letter. Foster told The Virginian-Pilot he has accepted a management position at a municipality in Northern Virginia. He would not disclose which one. His last day working for Portsmouth is Aug. 21.
- Semitruck tears down power lines, knocks out power for hundreds in Portsmouth August 5, 2015
Cooper Hurley Sites
Virginia Personal Injury Lawyers
Virginia Beach Car and Truck Accident Attorneys
Norfolk, VA Car and Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyers
Suffolk, VA Accident Injury Lawyers
Virginia Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Chesapeake Truck and Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Hampton Car and Truck Injury Lawyers
Virginia Brain Injury Attorneys
Newport News Car and Truck Accident Lawyers
Eastern Shore of Virginia Injury Lawyers
Virginia Wrongful Death Lawyers
Virginia Railroad/FELA Injury Lawyers
North Carolina Injury Attorney
Cooper Hurley Books
Your Rights When You Are Injured on the Railroad
- HAMPTON BOULEVARD LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED JULY 31-AUGUST 4This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- ERT WEEKLY CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULE FOR JULY 31-AUGUST 7This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- HAMPTON ROADS WEEKLY LANE CLOSURE REPORT JULY 31-AUGUST 7This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- COMANS WELL ROAD (ROUTE 642) TO CLOSE JULY 27This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- ROUTE 301 SOUTH BRIDGE TO CLOSE FOR CONSTRUCTION MAY 18This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- ROUTE 602 BRIDGE TO CLOSE FOR CONSTRUCTION MAY 4This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- ROUTE 35 BRIDGE TO COURTLAND CLOSING JANUARY 5, 2015This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- TREXLER AVE. AND MANTEO ST. IN PORTSMOUTH TO CLOSE TO THROUGH TRAFFIC FOR PROJECT CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIESThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-264 EAST FREDERICK BLVD. OFF-RAMP TO CLOSE FOR UP TO 18 MONTHSThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- Work Begins on Martin Luther King ExtensionThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- HAMPTON BOULEVARD LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED JULY 31-AUGUST 4
- Portsmouth Judicial Center
Move Schedule Announced07/27/2012
- "Cool City" Cooling Stations Activated07/26/2012
- Mosquito Control Tips07/24/2012
- Portsmouth in Postcards - Presented by Keith & Pam Atkins07/20/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony Held07/20/2012
- Cooling Stations Activated July 18-1907/18/2012
- Coast Guard City Celebration August 2 – 407/17/2012
- 26th Annual Gospelrama August 4-507/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony07/16/2012
- Hurricane Preparedness Reminder07/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Move Schedule Announced
- Weather: Sun for now, but rain likely by week's endThe weather will hold steady today with mostly sunny skies, a high in the low-90s and a breeze to cut the heat a bit in the afternoon, forecasters are predicting. On Thursday, the sun hides a bit more behind partly cloudy skies, giving the area a high in the upper-80s, National Weather Service forecasters said […]
- Severe thunderstorm warning for Accomack CountyACCOMACK Forecasters have issued a severe thunderstorm warning for south-central Accomack County. At 9:54 p.m., the National Weather Service radar indicated a severe thunderstorm capable of producing damaging winds topping 60 mph near Onley, eight miles north of Exmore. The storm was moving east at 30 mph.
- Moderate risk of rip currents along Eastern Shore, Outer BanksThe National Weather Service is warning swimmers about the moderate risk of rip currents today along the Eastern Shore and the Outer Banks. And while the risk is low along Virginia Beach, weak rip currents could develop, posing a life-threatening risk to even the strongest swimmers.
- Weather: Highs in the 90s with heat index above 100Skies will be mostly sunny today with a high around 93 and a heat index of about 101. Winds will kick up a little bit stronger than they have the last couple of days, blowing out of the southwest between 10 and 15 mph, according to the National Weather Service. There’s a 20 percent chance […]
- Weather: Sun, heat for the next few daysSkies should be sunny today with temperatures in the low 90s. We'll have a slight chance for rain tonight. The rip current risk will be moderate along the Outer Banks through this evening, according to the National Weather Service.
- Thunderstorm warning ends for Va. Beach, ChesapeakeA warning sent out by the National Weather Service that reported a line of thunderstorms producing heavy downpours has expired. The storms were reported around 2:15 p.m. from near Kempsville to Back Bay and heading east at 10 mph, according to a special weather statement.
- Weather: Mostly sunny this weekendIt will be mostly sunny this weekend, with highs near 92 on Saturday and Sunday, according to the National Weather Service. Saturday and Sunday night will be more cloudy with lows near 72 degrees. Monday and Tuesday should be mostly sunny, though there is a chance of showers after 2 p.m. on Monday.
- Storm swamps Chesapeake Human Services buildingCHESAPEAKE Storms this morning swamped the city’s Human Services building, causing extensive damage. Crews are cleaning the building at 100 Outlaw St., a city news release says. Only essential services are being provided at the building while the cleanup is underway. The Child Protective Services and Adult Protective Services hotlines aren’t working.
- Weather: Mostly sunny skies to follow rain today with highs in the 90sOnce the heavy rain moves out this morning, skies should be mostly sunny with a slight chance for rain. High temperatures will be about 89.
- Moderate risk of rip currents today along Eastern ShoreThe risk of rip currents today is moderate along the Eastern Shore, but low along Virginia Beach and northeastern North Carolina. Swimmers shouldn’t go into the water when the risk is moderate unless they are strong swimmers, according to the National Weather Service. Even then, the strongest swimmers can become exhausted trying to swim against […]
- Weather: Sun for now, but rain likely by week's end
Portsmouth Injury Tagsaccident accidents attorney attorneys car carbon monoxide cars child congestion Cooper Cooper Hurley crash defective products Downtown Tunnel drunk driving DUI Hampton Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Hurley hurt I-64 I-95 injured injuries injury John Cooper lawyer lawyers loss of life Midtown Tunnel Newport News Norfolk pedestrian Portsmouth Portsmouth injury lawyer Portsmouth Redevelopment and Housing Authority seat belt truck trucks VA VDOT Virginia Virginia Beach wreck wrongful death
Tag Archives: Hickory Fork Road
By Jim Hurley, Portsmouth, VA Wrongful Death Lawyer In a new blog on the Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys site my colleague John Cooper writes about the death of a pedestrian in Gloucester County, VA. The driver involved in this accident was charged … Continue reading