Contact Our Attorneys
Portsmouth AV Rated Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Better Business Bureau Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth, VA Multi Million Dollar Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Super Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Injury Categories
- Air crashes
- Birth injuries
- Bus crashes
- Car accidents
- Client testimonials
- Dangerous drugs
- Downtown Tunnel
- Fatal accidents
- Gas leaks
- Medical malpractice
- Midtown Tunnel
- Military families
- Passenger injuries
- Pedestrian accidents
- personal injury
- Pregant women
- Premises Liability
- Product liability
- Railroad accidents
- red light runners
- Seat belts
- Single vehicle wrecks
- Teen drivers
- Truck accidents
- Unborn children
- Work zone accidents
- Wrongful death
- Portsmouth Car Accident Lawyer Report : Downtown Tunnel Sees the Most Crashes
- Alcohol Makes Fourth of July Holiday the Deadliest on the Roads of the USA
- Tunnel Congestion Causes Accidents in Portsmouth, VA
- Three Are Injured in Accidents on I-164 in Portsmouth, VA
- Virginia State Police Investigate How Two Pedestrians Were Hit and Injured on I-264 in Portsmouth
Helping Our Portsmouth Clients
If you have been hurt in a car, truck or motorcycle crash or by a fall or on a railroad, we are here to help. We are here to help if you have lost a loved one through the fault of another. The Cooper Hurley Law Firm has decades of experience in personal injury cases.
We work with personal injury cases only and serve the residents of Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Newport News, Hampton, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Portsmouth and the Eastern Shore of Virginia as well as north eastern North Carolina.
We offer free consultation and can come to you if you can't come to use.
Call (757) 455-0077 to make an appointment at our Norfolk office.
- Portsmouth debates tax hike, cutting sheriff's budget May 6, 2015PORTSMOUTH The City Council worked on cutting its way out of an $11.7 million budget deficit Tuesday in the hope of avoiding raising the real estate tax rate by 17 cents.
- Portsmouth health center receives grants May 6, 2015PORTSMOUTH Portsmouth Community Health Center has received $650,000 in funding to increase primary care services. The center was one of two in Virginia to get money from Affordable Care Act grants to serve an additional 5,670 Virginians. The Greater Prince William Community Health Center received $566,667 to serve those in the Woodbridge area.
- Fire damages house on Mount Vernon Ave. in Portsmouth May 5, 2015PORTSMOUTH Fire damaged a home this morning in the 400 block of Mount Vernon Ave. When firefighters arrived, shortly before noon, they found heavy flames, said Deputy Chief Mike Stockton. No injuries were reported. The flames were in a rear wall on the first floor and spread to the attic. Firefighters had the blaze under […]
- Churchland dance program raising funds for Bowl performance May 5, 2015Churchland High School's magnet dance program hopes the second time is the charm. The Center of Excellence dance team was invited to perform at last year's Orange Bowl game in Florida. They were not able to raise the required funds, however, and didn't go. The game's organizers issued a second invitation this year, and the […]
- Photos | Construction workers stretch and flex in Portsmouth May 4, 2015...
- Portsmouth man, 40, found shot to death is identified May 4, 2015PORTMOUTH A 40-year-old man was found shot to death in the area of Commerce Street and Vermont Avenue on Saturday afternoon.
- Photo from Mark Whitaker fundraiser shows praise, not racism May 4, 2015PORTSMOUTH The photograph has taken on a life of its own. It shows two African Americans dressed in matching vests and wearing white makeup on their faces.
- Portsmouth to revisit spending cuts May 4, 2015PORTSMOUTH After rejecting a 17-cent tax-rate hike to pay for the city's $11.7 million budget gap and disagreeing over cuts, the City Council is holding a special work session Tuesday to balance the budget. Council members are expected to submit their wish lists to interim City Manager Brannon Godfrey beforehand to clarify what's on the […]
- Police: Portsmouth cellphone store robbed today May 3, 2015PORTSMOUTH Police are trying to identify the person who robbed a cellphone store this afternoon. About 1:15 p.m., Portsmouth officers were called to the Metro PCS in the 1300 block of High St. for the robbery. Detectives said the robber entered the business, displayed a handgun and demanded money from the employees. They complied and […]
- Hundreds walk to help Oasis fight hunger May 3, 2015Family helping family. That was the theme at Oasis Social Ministry's Walk for Hunger where more than 200 individuals and groups gave time and energy.
- Portsmouth debates tax hike, cutting sheriff's budget May 6, 2015
Cooper Hurley Sites
Virginia Personal Injury Lawyers
Virginia Beach Car and Truck Accident Attorneys
Norfolk, VA Car and Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyers
Suffolk, VA Accident Injury Lawyers
Virginia Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Chesapeake Truck and Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Hampton Car and Truck Injury Lawyers
Virginia Brain Injury Attorneys
Newport News Car and Truck Accident Lawyers
Eastern Shore of Virginia Injury Lawyers
Virginia Wrongful Death Lawyers
Virginia Railroad/FELA Injury Lawyers
North Carolina Injury Attorney
Cooper Hurley Books
Your Rights When You Are Injured on the Railroad
- CLOSURE SCHEDULED FOR RALEIGH AVENUE RAMP FROM WEST GHENT TO ROUTE 58 WEST TOWARDS THE MIDTOWN TUNNELThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-264 DOWNTOWN TUNNEL CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULE THIS WEEKThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- ROUTE 301 SOUTH BRIDGE TO CLOSE FOR CONSTRUCTION MAY 18This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- HAMPTON ROADS WEEKLY LANE CLOSURES MAY 3-9This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- GEORGE P. COLEMAN MEMORIAL BRIDGE LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULEDThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- HIGH STREET CLOSED BETWEEN CONFEDERATE AND CONSTITUTION AVENUESThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- ROUTE 602 BRIDGE TO CLOSE FOR CONSTRUCTION MAY 4This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- UPDATE: CLOSURE OF DES MOINES AVENUE NEAR I-264 TO CONTINUE THROUGH APRIL FOR PILE DRIVINGThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- LAKESIDE DRIVE (ROUTE 620) REOPENS BETWEEN YORKVILLE ROAD AND OLD LAKESIDE DRIVEThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- SOUTH QUAY BRIDGE (ROUTE 189) OVER BLACKWATER RIVER TO CLOSE FOR REPAIRSThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- CLOSURE SCHEDULED FOR RALEIGH AVENUE RAMP FROM WEST GHENT TO ROUTE 58 WEST TOWARDS THE MIDTOWN TUNNEL
- Portsmouth Judicial Center
Move Schedule Announced07/27/2012
- "Cool City" Cooling Stations Activated07/26/2012
- Mosquito Control Tips07/24/2012
- Portsmouth in Postcards - Presented by Keith & Pam Atkins07/20/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony Held07/20/2012
- Cooling Stations Activated July 18-1907/18/2012
- Coast Guard City Celebration August 2 – 407/17/2012
- 26th Annual Gospelrama August 4-507/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony07/16/2012
- Hurricane Preparedness Reminder07/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Move Schedule Announced
- Hurricane season could start early as storm brewsThe Atlantic hurricane season officially begins June 1, but nature often ignores humanity's best attempts to corral it with the calendar.
- Weather: Mostly sunny with highs in the low 80sIt should be mostly sunny today with highs near 80 and lows in the upper 50s, according to the National Weather Service. Anyone venturing into the water north of Cape Hatteras should watch our for rip currents through this evening.
- When hurricanes form, these guys head for the eyeNORFOLK David Pirie is a technical sergeant in the U.S. Air Force, but he has a much cooler title: dropmaster. He's part of the crew of a "Hurricane Hunter," one of the snub-nose C-130 cargo planes the Air Force has retrofitted to fly into storms to gather data.
- NOAA Hurricane Awareness Tour comes to NorfolkNORFOLK A federal hurricane awareness tour is coming to Norfolk. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration will have hurricane experts in Norfolk today. A U.S. Air Force Reserve WC-130 J hurricane hunter aircraft is scheduled to make an appearance at Norfolk International Airport.
- Weather: Sunny with highs in the mid-80sIt should be sunny again today with highs nearing the mid-80s. Tonight should be partly cloudy with temperatures near 60 degrees. A backdoor cold front approaches from the north overnight and then should drop into Virginia Wednesday into early Thursday, according to the National Weather Service. Wednesday should be partly sunny with a high of […]
- Weather: Sunny skies with temps in the low 80sIt's going to be sunny again today with highs reaching into the low 80s. Tonight should be mostly clear with lows around 60 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. Tuesday and Wednesday should also be sunny with highs near 80 degrees and lows around 60.
- Weather | Beautiful, sunny days aheadThe next few days are forecast to be beautiful for the Hampton Roads area. Today, expect sunshine with a high in the upper 70s. Tonight should be clear, with a low in the high 50s. Monday is forecast to be sunny with a high near 80, and that night should be mostly clear with a […]
- Weather | Sunny with highs in 60s, then a warmupTemperatures will be below normal again across Hampton Roads on Saturday, but a summer-like warmup is on the way. Saturday should be mostly sunny, with highs in the upper 60s. Lows at night will be around 50 degrees. Sunday should be sunny, with highs in the mid-70s. Lows at night should be in the mid-50s. […]
- Weather: High surf advisory today along Va. BeachIt's going to be raining, windy and there will be high surf at the beaches today. Highs today should be in the upper 50s and winds out of the northeast should be 15 to 22 mph with gusts as high as 32 mph, according to the National Weather Service.
- Weather: Upper 60s, afternoon showers likelyToday should be cloudy with highs in the upper 60s. There is a 60 percent chance of showers after about 2 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Tonight should be cloudy with temperatures in the mid-50s. More showers are likely overnight. There is a moderate risk for rip currents through this evening in the […]
- Hurricane season could start early as storm brews
Portsmouth Injury Tagsaccident accidents attorney attorneys car carbon monoxide cars child congestion Cooper Cooper Hurley crash defective products Downtown Tunnel drunk driving DUI Hampton Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Hurley hurt I-64 I-95 injured injuries injury John Cooper lawyer lawyers loss of life Midtown Tunnel Newport News Norfolk pedestrian Portsmouth Portsmouth injury lawyer Portsmouth Redevelopment and Housing Authority seat belt truck trucks VA VDOT Virginia Virginia Beach wreck wrongful death
Tag Archives: Hickory Fork Road
By Jim Hurley, Portsmouth, VA Wrongful Death Lawyer In a new blog on the Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys site my colleague John Cooper writes about the death of a pedestrian in Gloucester County, VA. The driver involved in this accident was charged … Continue reading