Contact Our Attorneys
Portsmouth AV Rated Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Better Business Bureau Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth, VA Multi Million Dollar Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Super Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Injury Categories
- Air crashes
- Birth injuries
- Bus crashes
- Car accidents
- Client testimonials
- Dangerous drugs
- Downtown Tunnel
- Fatal accidents
- Gas leaks
- Medical malpractice
- Midtown Tunnel
- Military families
- Passenger injuries
- Pedestrian accidents
- personal injury
- Pregant women
- Premises Liability
- Product liability
- Railroad accidents
- red light runners
- Seat belts
- Single vehicle wrecks
- Teen drivers
- Truck accidents
- Unborn children
- Work zone accidents
- Wrongful death
- Portsmouth Car Accident Lawyer Report : Downtown Tunnel Sees the Most Crashes
- Alcohol Makes Fourth of July Holiday the Deadliest on the Roads of the USA
- Tunnel Congestion Causes Accidents in Portsmouth, VA
- Three Are Injured in Accidents on I-164 in Portsmouth, VA
- Virginia State Police Investigate How Two Pedestrians Were Hit and Injured on I-264 in Portsmouth
Helping Our Portsmouth Clients
If you have been hurt in a car, truck or motorcycle crash or by a fall or on a railroad, we are here to help. We are here to help if you have lost a loved one through the fault of another. The Cooper Hurley Law Firm has decades of experience in personal injury cases.
We work with personal injury cases only and serve the residents of Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Newport News, Hampton, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Portsmouth and the Eastern Shore of Virginia as well as north eastern North Carolina.
We offer free consultation and can come to you if you can't come to use.
Call (757) 455-0077 to make an appointment at our Norfolk office.
- Police: Man shot, walked into Portsmouth hospital July 29, 2014PORTSMOUTH Police are investigating a shooting after a man walked into the emergency room at Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center about 7:30 p.m. The man's injuries do not appear to be life threatening, a Portsmouth police news release said. No additional details about the shooting were available. Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Line at 1- […]
- Tunnel detour plans change after weekend jam July 28, 2014PORTSMOUTH The Saturday afternoon traffic jam that stretched for miles into the city prompted a change in detours for the next weekend closure of the eastbound Downtown Tunnel. […]
- Aerial mosquito spraying scheduled for Craney Island July 28, 2014PORTSMOUTH Aerial mosquito spraying is scheduled to take place from 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. today on Craney Island. Crabbe Aviation LLC will use a fixed-wing aircraft, similar to a crop duster, to spray a liquid mosquito larvicide, according to a news release from the city of Portsmouth.
- SWAT team called in for Portsmouth shooting; 1 hurt July 28, 2014A man was taken to the hospital Sunday after police responded to a report of a shooting in the 900 block of Douglas Ave. in Portsmouth.
- Sailor, alleged attacker were assigned to psych unit July 28, 2014PORTSMOUTH Nearly seven weeks ago, a stabbing at Portsmouth Naval Medical Center left one sailor critically injured and sent police scouring surrounding cities for the alleged stabber, a fellow sailor.
- Portsmouth office building still for sale after auctions July 27, 2014PORTSMOUTH Going once. Going twice. Not sold. The owner of a five-story office building that sits on prime Elizabeth River waterfront has been unable to find a buyer despite trying to auction it in two weeklong stints. Michael Haas, a North Carolina investor, set a minimum bid of $2.95 million on the building - or $55 per square foot.
- State Poet Laureate to host Hampton Roads event July 27, 2014American poet Robert Frost said, "There are three things, after all, that a poem must reach: the eye, the ear, and what we may call the heart or the mind. It is most important of all to reach the heart of the reader."
- Play TAG at Portsmouth's newest attraction July 27, 2014For those who ever wished their life was like a video game, Tactical Adventure Games can make your dream come true - at least for 10 minutes at a time. That's how long it takes to complete a "mission" at the new high-adventure, urban battlefield simulation venue at 2850 Airline Blvd.
- Doughtie’s local barbecue fave squeals over comeback July 27, 2014There’s no doubt that Doughtie’s Classic Barbecue still has a hold on the heart – and appetite – of Hampton Roads. […]
- Coast Guard cutter sees command change in Portsmouth July 25, 2014The Coast Guard cutter Forward got a new leader during a change-of-command ceremony in Portsmouth on Friday. Cmdr. Joseph Sundland took over command from Capt. Gregory Wisener, according to a Coast Guard news release.
- Police: Man shot, walked into Portsmouth hospital July 29, 2014
Cooper Hurley Sites
Virginia Personal Injury Lawyers
Virginia Beach Car and Truck Accident Attorneys
Norfolk, VA Car and Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyers
Suffolk, VA Accident Injury Lawyers
Virginia Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Chesapeake Truck and Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Hampton Car and Truck Injury Lawyers
Virginia Brain Injury Attorneys
Newport News Car and Truck Accident Lawyers
Eastern Shore of Virginia Injury Lawyers
Virginia Wrongful Death Lawyers
Virginia Railroad/FELA Injury Lawyers
North Carolina Injury Attorney
Cooper Hurley Books
Your Rights When You Are Injured on the Railroad
- TWO LANES OF I-264 EASTBOUND CLOSED FOR REPAIRS FOLLOWING INCIDENTThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- ADDITIONAL RAMPS TO CLOSE THIS WEEK ON I-64 WESTBOUNDThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- WEEKLY LANE CLOSURE FORECAST, JUL 27 THROUGH AUG 2This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-264 LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED FOR TONIGHT: I-264 AND I-64 RAMP EVENING CLOSURES SCHEDULED FOR JULY 27-31This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- REMINDER: I-264 EAST DOWNTOWN TUNNEL FULL WEEKENDThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- VDOT CREWS ASSESS DAMAGE AND BEGIN CLEANUP AFTER STORMS IN NORTHAMPTON COUNTYThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- LAKESIDE DRIVE (ROUTE 620) PAVING OPERATIONS SCHEDULEDThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-264 DOWNTOWN TUNNEL CLOSURE SCHEDULEThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- KING ST., COUNTY ST. AND MEANDER RD. IN PORTSMOUTH TO THROUGH TRAFFIC FOR PROJECT CONSTRUCTIONThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-64 EASTBOUND RAMP CLOSURE SCHEDULE ADJUSTEDThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- TWO LANES OF I-264 EASTBOUND CLOSED FOR REPAIRS FOLLOWING INCIDENT
- Portsmouth Judicial Center
Move Schedule Announced07/27/2012
- "Cool City" Cooling Stations Activated07/26/2012
- Mosquito Control Tips07/24/2012
- Portsmouth in Postcards - Presented by Keith & Pam Atkins07/20/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony Held07/20/2012
- Cooling Stations Activated July 18-1907/18/2012
- Coast Guard City Celebration August 2 – 407/17/2012
- 26th Annual Gospelrama August 4-507/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony07/16/2012
- Hurricane Preparedness Reminder07/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Move Schedule Announced
- Weather: Mostly sunny with highs in the low 80sA cold front will push off the coast overnight and into today, leaving behind mostly sunny conditions and high temperatures in the low 80s, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies with temperatures in the low 60s. A northeast wind of about 6 mph should become calm late tonight.
- Weather: Cold front could bring some stormsA cold front crosses the area early this morning and should stall off the coast tonight, according to the National Weather Service. There is a slight chance of showers before 9 a.m. and a chance of rain and storms after about 2 p.m., according to the weather service. It should be partly sunny with temperatures in the low 90s today.
- Weather: Temps in 90s, possible afternoon stormsToday should have temperatures in the low 90s, with a chance of rain and thunderstorms after 3 p.m. Afternoon thunderstorms are likely on Monday, too, with temperatures in the high 80s. Sunny skies return Tuesday with highs expected to be in the low 80s. […]
- Severe thunderstorm warning for Chesapeake, BeachA severe thunderstorm warning has been issued for Chesapeake and Virginia Beach. The warning is in effect through 9 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. The storms may bring 30-40 mph winds, lightning, rainfall and minor flooding.
- Weather: Mostly sunny with highs near 85Nice weather continues today, with mostly sunny skies and highs near 85, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight should be mostly cloudy with a low around 75. Sunday is expected to be much warmer. Highs will be in the low 90s and a slight chance for thunderstorms increases as the day goes on. There is a 40 percent chance for storms Sunday after 8 […]
- Timeline | How Eastern Shore tornado formed, movedHere’s how Thursday’s Eastern Shore storm and tornado formed and moved over the Chesapeake Bay and land, as described by Jeff Proch, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Wakefield:
- Storm cut path of random ruin; officials tour campCharles Hearn was camping at one of his favorite spots on the Eastern Shore – a place the Maryland resident has called home every summer for years – when his 12-year-old cat, Thi, got sick early Thursday morning. Hearn and his two daughters rushed the cat to a veterinarian about 30 minutes away from the Cherrystone Family Camping and RV Resort.
- Storms strand drivers, topple trees in SuffolkSUFFOLK Strong storms that rolled through the city and across the area Thursday night prompted water rescues, knocked a tree over onto a house and kept firefighters and police busy with numerous calls for help.
- Weather: Mostly sunny with highs in the mid-80sSay goodbye to the wet weather. After Thursday’s stormy conditions, it should be mostly sunny today with high temperatures in the mid-80s. Tonight should be clear with temperatures in the upper 60s. It should be sunny and clear again Saturday, with highs around 90 degrees and lows around 75. […]
- Couple killed in Eastern Shore tornado on annual tripA married couple who died in the Eastern Shore tornado Thursday were on their annual family vacation.
- Weather: Mostly sunny with highs in the low 80s
Portsmouth Injury Tagsaccident accidents attorney attorneys car carbon monoxide cars child congestion Cooper Cooper Hurley crash defective products Downtown Tunnel drunk driving DUI Hampton Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Hurley hurt I-64 I-95 injured injuries injury John Cooper lawyer lawyers loss of life Midtown Tunnel Newport News Norfolk pedestrian Portsmouth Portsmouth injury lawyer Portsmouth Redevelopment and Housing Authority seat belt truck trucks VA VDOT Virginia Virginia Beach wreck wrongful death
Tag Archives: Hickory Fork Road
By Jim Hurley, Portsmouth, VA Wrongful Death Lawyer In a new blog on the Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys site my colleague John Cooper writes about the death of a pedestrian in Gloucester County, VA. The driver involved in this accident was charged … Continue reading