Contact Our Attorneys
Portsmouth AV Rated Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Better Business Bureau Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth, VA Multi Million Dollar Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Super Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Injury Categories
- Air crashes
- Birth injuries
- Bus crashes
- Car accidents
- Client testimonials
- Dangerous drugs
- Downtown Tunnel
- Fatal accidents
- Gas leaks
- Medical malpractice
- Midtown Tunnel
- Military families
- Passenger injuries
- Pedestrian accidents
- personal injury
- Pregant women
- Premises Liability
- Product liability
- Railroad accidents
- red light runners
- Seat belts
- Single vehicle wrecks
- Teen drivers
- Truck accidents
- Unborn children
- Work zone accidents
- Wrongful death
- Portsmouth Car Accident Lawyer Report : Downtown Tunnel Sees the Most Crashes
- Alcohol Makes Fourth of July Holiday the Deadliest on the Roads of the USA
- Tunnel Congestion Causes Accidents in Portsmouth, VA
- Three Are Injured in Accidents on I-164 in Portsmouth, VA
- Virginia State Police Investigate How Two Pedestrians Were Hit and Injured on I-264 in Portsmouth
Helping Our Portsmouth Clients
If you have been hurt in a car, truck or motorcycle crash or by a fall or on a railroad, we are here to help. We are here to help if you have lost a loved one through the fault of another. The Cooper Hurley Law Firm has decades of experience in personal injury cases.
We work with personal injury cases only and serve the residents of Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Newport News, Hampton, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Portsmouth and the Eastern Shore of Virginia as well as north eastern North Carolina.
We offer free consultation and can come to you if you can't come to use.
Call (757) 455-0077 to make an appointment at our Norfolk office.
- 2nd fatal shooting reported in Portsmouth this evening March 12, 2014PORTSMOUTH A male was found dead of an apparent shooting this evening, the second homicide in the city today. Police were called to the 4000 block of Ketch Drive today about 6:45 p.m. and found an unresponsive male in the area, according to a Portsmouth police news release. Medics pronounced the victim dead at the scene.
- Phish returns to Portsmouth July 29 and 30 March 11, 2014PORTSMOUTH Phish returns to Portsmouth’s nTelos Wireless Pavilion 7:30 p.m. July 29 and 30 with gates opening at 6 p.m. General admission tickets will be $60, including fees. Tickets will go on sale 11 a.m. Friday, March 28 at the venue's box office, all Ticketmaster locations, charge by phone at 800-745-3000 or online at ticketmaster.com.
- Norcom grad Finney-Smith is SEC's top sixth man March 11, 2014Former Norcom High star Dorian Finney-Smith of top-ranked Florida was named today as the sixth man of the year in the Southeastern Conference in a vote by SEC coaches. Finney-Smith, who sat out last year after transferring from Virginia Tech, comes off the bench to score 9.4 points per game for the Gators. He also leads the team in rebounding, at 6.9 per gam […]
- 26-year-old man killed in Portsmouth shooting March 11, 2014PORTSMOUTH A 26-year-old was found dead Tuesday after a shooting on Dale Drive. Police were called to the scene shortly before 2 a.m. and found Ahmad R. Parker of Portsmouth unresponsive, police said. Paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene. No other information was immediately available. Police are asking anyone with information to call Crime Line at 1- […]
- Portsmouth civic league opens heart for one of its own March 10, 2014The Wilson Ward Civic League's newest project has heart. Literally. The group is helping one of their own whose influence has stretched beyond the borders of their community.
- I-264 pedestrian bridge removal begins Monday March 10, 2014PORTSMOUTH Crews will remove the Interstate 264 pedestrian bridge near Frederick Boulevard tonight. As a result of the work, I-264 will close in both directions from 9 tonight until 4 a.m. Tuesday between Frederick Boulevard and Portsmouth Boulevard, according to a news release from Elizabeth River Crossings, which is handling the project. Detours will be se […]
- Portsmouth church's computer class teaches the basics March 9, 2014Corinne Gibson isn't your typical computer geek. As a nurse at William E. Waters Middle School, she used computers, but her experience with them was limited to functional applications related to her job. Now retired, Gibson, who said she's "old," but wouldn't divulge her age, is catching up with technology.
- Interactive | Explore Portsmouth overtime since 2008 March 9, 2014...
- Hoops | Poor shooting, turnovers doom Wilson girls March 9, 2014SALEM Good looks at the basket were too few and missed opportunities too many for Wilson, and the Presidents fell to William Fleming 38-32 on Saturday in a physical Group 4A semifinal. Wilson (21-5) led 30-17, then went the last 4 minutes and 27 seconds without a field goal. The Presidents shot 23.6 percent from the floor, including 16.7 percent (5 for 30) i […]
- The Avett Brothers return to nTelos in June March 7, 2014The Avett Brothers return to nTelos Wireless Pavilion on Sunday, June 8 at 7:30 p.m. In the past the venue has shown offer one of the band's strongest fan bases will nearly sold-out shows. Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m., Friday, March 14 at the venue's box office and all Ticketmaster locations, charge by phone at 800-745-3000 or online at ticketmast […]
- 2nd fatal shooting reported in Portsmouth this evening March 12, 2014
Cooper Hurley Sites
Virginia Personal Injury Lawyers
Virginia Beach Car and Truck Accident Attorneys
Norfolk, VA Car and Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyers
Suffolk, VA Accident Injury Lawyers
Virginia Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Chesapeake Truck and Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Hampton Car and Truck Injury Lawyers
Virginia Brain Injury Attorneys
Newport News Car and Truck Accident Lawyers
Eastern Shore of Virginia Injury Lawyers
Virginia Wrongful Death Lawyers
Virginia Railroad/FELA Injury Lawyers
North Carolina Injury Attorney
Cooper Hurley Books
Your Rights When You Are Injured on the Railroad
- Weekly Lane Closure Forecast, Mar. 9 through Mar. 15This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- ICY ROAD CONDITIONS OVERNIGHT MAY MAKE TUESDAY MORNING COMMUTE DIFFICULTThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- ELIZABETH RIVER TUNNELS MOBILIZES FOR WINTER WEATHERThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- VDOT MOBILIZES AS HAMPTON ROADS BRACES FOR ANOTHER WINTER STORMThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- Weekly Lane Closure Forcast, March 2 through 8This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- NIGHTLY REPAIRS WILL CLOSE THE RAMP FROM I-64 WEST (EXIT 284B) TO I-264 EASTThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- Weekly Lane Closure Forecast, Feb. 23 through Mar. 1This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- UPDATE: US 58 WEST TO LONDON BLVD. SOUTH OFF-RAMP CLOSURE SCHEDULED FOR THIS WEEKENDThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- OVERNIGHT SIGN REMOVAL SCHEDULED ON I-264 EAST IN PORTSMOUTHThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- Sign Removal AdvisoryThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- Weekly Lane Closure Forecast, Mar. 9 through Mar. 15
- Portsmouth Judicial Center
Move Schedule Announced07/27/2012
- "Cool City" Cooling Stations Activated07/26/2012
- Mosquito Control Tips07/24/2012
- Portsmouth in Postcards - Presented by Keith & Pam Atkins07/20/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony Held07/20/2012
- Cooling Stations Activated July 18-1907/18/2012
- Coast Guard City Celebration August 2 – 407/17/2012
- 26th Annual Gospelrama August 4-507/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony07/16/2012
- Hurricane Preparedness Reminder07/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Move Schedule Announced
- Weather: Still warm, but with rain and then stormsTemperatures climbed into the upper 70s Tuesday but a cold front is approaching today, bringing rain and then afternoon thunderstorms.
- Snow plan: Va. Beach to add 20 minutes to school dayYour spring break and Memorial Day plans are safe, but the school day just got longer. Virginia Beach students will make up the latest two snow days by going to school for an extra 20 minutes a day for about a month, school officials said.
- Photos | Hampton Roads enjoys a fine beach day...
- Weather: Mostly sunny, temps in the low 70sWe'll see another warm day today with mostly sunny skies and high temperatures in the low 70s, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight it should be partly cloudy with low temperatures around 50 degrees.
- Photo | Gulls stretch wings in Norfolk's balmy sky...
- Monday to bring spring forward with sunshineSpring will be in the air today as the sun mostly shines and temperatures rise to 67 degrees with a mild wind not expected to surpass 11 mph. Temperatures Monday night are expected to drop to 47 degrees with partly cloudy skies.
- Forecast: Spring-like weather ahead to start the weekHampton Roads will start the week feeling a lot like spring. Today’s high is expected in the low 50s, and temperatures will be in the upper 60s and near 70 degrees Monday and Tuesday, according to the National Weather Service. Skies will be cloudy this morning and then gradually clear. There is a 20 percent chance of rain before 10 a.m.
- Weather: Sunny weekend, with highs in the 50sIt’s shaping up to be a sunny and dry weekend for Hampton Roads. Saturday should be mostly sunny, with a high in the low 60s. Saturday night should be partly cloudy, with a low near 40. Sunday should be sunny, with a high in the low 50s. The early part of the work week looks warm, with highs in the 60s on Monday and Tuesday. […]
- Weather: Windy, rainy day with high temps in mid-40sLow pressure off the southeast coast overnight is expected to intensify while moving northeast along the Mid-Atlantic coast today, according to the National Weather Service.
- Here comes El Nino; good news for U.S. weather woesWASHINGTON Relief may be on the way for a weather-weary United States with the predicted warming of the central Pacific Ocean brewing this year that will likely change weather worldwide. But it won't be for the better everywhere.
- Weather: Still warm, but with rain and then storms
Portsmouth Injury Tagsaccident accidents attorney attorneys car carbon monoxide cars child congestion Cooper Cooper Hurley crash defective products Downtown Tunnel drunk driving DUI Hampton Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Hurley hurt I-64 I-95 injured injuries injury John Cooper lawyer lawyers loss of life Midtown Tunnel Newport News Norfolk pedestrian Portsmouth Portsmouth injury lawyer Portsmouth Redevelopment and Housing Authority seat belt truck trucks VA VDOT Virginia Virginia Beach wreck wrongful death
Tag Archives: Hickory Fork Road
By Jim Hurley, Portsmouth, VA Wrongful Death Lawyer In a new blog on the Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys site my colleague John Cooper writes about the death of a pedestrian in Gloucester County, VA. The driver involved in this accident was charged … Continue reading