Portsmouth Injury Categories
- Air crashes
- Birth injuries
- Bus crashes
- Car accidents
- Client testimonials
- Dangerous drugs
- Downtown Tunnel
- Fatal accidents
- Gas leaks
- Medical malpractice
- Midtown Tunnel
- Military families
- Passenger injuries
- Pedestrian accidents
- personal injury
- Pregant women
- Premises Liability
- Product liability
- Railroad accidents
- red light runners
- Seat belts
- Single vehicle wrecks
- Teen drivers
- Truck accidents
- Unborn children
- Work zone accidents
- Wrongful death
- Portsmouth Car Accident Lawyer Report : Downtown Tunnel Sees the Most Crashes
- Alcohol Makes Fourth of July Holiday the Deadliest on the Roads of the USA
- Tunnel Congestion Causes Accidents in Portsmouth, VA
- Three Are Injured in Accidents on I-164 in Portsmouth, VA
- Virginia State Police Investigate How Two Pedestrians Were Hit and Injured on I-264 in Portsmouth
Helping Our Portsmouth Clients
If you have been hurt in a car, truck or motorcycle crash or by a fall or on a railroad, we are here to help. We are here to help if you have lost a loved one through the fault of another. The Cooper Hurley Law Firm has decades of experience in personal injury cases.
We work with personal injury cases only and serve the residents of Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Newport News, Hampton, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Portsmouth and the Eastern Shore of Virginia as well as north eastern North Carolina.
We offer free consultation and can come to you if you can't come to use.
Call (757) 455-0077 to make an appointment at our Norfolk office.
- Portsmouth police say missing 4-month-old, birth mother located November 10, 2015PORTSMOUTH Police said a missing baby and his birth mother were located safe today in Norfolk. According to detectives, Eria Barnes, 35, was visiting her 4-month-old son Princeton, in the 20 block of W. Pollux Circle on Friday when she walked out with him, saying that no one could take her son away from her.
- Man robs Wells Fargo bank in Portsmouth November 9, 2015PORTSMOUTH Detectives are investigating a robbery at a bank this afternoon. Around 12:11 p.m., police received word of the incident at Wells Fargo in the 2400 block of Airline Blvd. A man walked into the bank, implied he had a weapon and demanded money from a teller, police said. The teller complied and the man […]
- Portsmouth man gets 18 1/2 years for third drug dealing conviction November 9, 2015A Portsmouth man was sentenced Monday to 18½ years in federal prison for his third drug dealing conviction in six years. Allen Andre Brown, 36, pleaded guilty earlierthis year in U.S. District Court in Norfolk to one count of conspiracy to distribute narcotics.
- Portsmouth trying to resolve plans for site near TCC campus November 9, 2015PORTSMOUTH The City Council has the option to say "yes" or "no" Tuesday to about $840,000 worth of annual revenue during its meeting on whether to rezone Victory Village along Victory Boulevard near Tidewater Community College.
- Portsmouth wants in on arts-district trend November 8, 2015PORTSMOUTH An I've Been Kissed toad sculpture outside the Children's Museum of Virginia, a Colonel Crawford statue facing the waterfront and a Playful Children mural in the next block are just a few of the artistic and cultural pieces sprinkled along High Street.
- 103-year-old veteran honored with flag in Portsmouth November 8, 2015PORTSMOUTH As Veterans Day approaches, hundreds of ceremonies will unfold at monuments in public memorials. Few, though, will feature a 103-year-old World War II veteran hoisting an American flag at an assisted living center.
- Crockin’s Furniture closing after 126 years of business in Portsmouth November 7, 2015PORTSMOUTH Peter Crockin got his first business lesson in the summer of his seventh year. His father, A. Sylvester Crockin, had been paying Peter a dollar a day to work in the family’s furniture store on High Street in Olde Towne.
- The story behind a viral video: Portsmouth widow fights to prevent PTSD-related suicide November 7, 2015PORTSMOUTH The idea popped into her head during her business law class. I just need to tell my story, she thought. It was early September. World Suicide Prevention Day. Stephanie Lembo, a 28-year-old widow, started scribbling in a notebook. She wrote about the day she met her husband at a Wal-Mart in Mississippi 10 years […]
- Downtown Tunnel to be closed this weekend November 6, 2015PORTSMOUTH The eastbound Downtown Tunnel toward Norfolk will be closed this weekend. The closure begins at 8 p.m. tonight and should end by 5 a.m. Monday, according to a news release from Elizabeth River Tunnels.
- Leader of Portsmouth heroin ring gets 30 years in federal prison November 5, 2015NORFOLK Alonzo "Muscle" Outten knew police were on to his multi-million-dollar drug operation. In November 2013, his then-girlfriend was busted in Delaware driving a load of cocaine and heroin from New York. And in February 2014, Outten was picked up in Portsmouth on a state drug charge.
- Portsmouth police say missing 4-month-old, birth mother located November 10, 2015
- ERT WEEKLY MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE DEC 8-15This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- HAMPTON ROADS WEEKLY LANE-CLOSURES REPORT DECEMBER 10-16
- ROUTE 58 CROSSOVER TO CLOSE NEXT WEEK AT THE COURTLAND INTERCHANGE PROJECT
- LONG-TERM CLOSURE ON ROUTE 635 (STOKES ROAD) IN SUSSEX COUNTY FOR BRIDGE REPLACEMENT PROJECT
- FULL RAMP CLOSURES SCHEDULED FOR I-64 WIDENING PROJECTThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- HAMPTON ROADS WEEKLY LANE-CLOSURES REPORT DECEMBER 3 -9This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- UPDATE: HAMPTON ROADS WEEKLY LANE-CLOSURES REPORT NOVEMBER 26 - DECEMBER 2This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- NORTHBOUND LANE OF FREDERICK BOULEVARD REOPENS AT TURNPIKE ROADThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- HAMPTON ROADS WEEKLY LANE-CLOSURES REPORT NOVEMBER 26 - DECEMBER 2This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- HAMPTON ROADS: FULL RAMP, ROAD CLOSURES AND TRAFFIC SHIFT SCHEDULED OVERNIGHT FOR I-64 WIDENING PROJECT: NOV. 18-21This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- ERT WEEKLY MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE DEC 8-15
- Portsmouth Judicial Center
Move Schedule Announced07/27/2012
- "Cool City" Cooling Stations Activated07/26/2012
- Mosquito Control Tips07/24/2012
- Portsmouth in Postcards - Presented by Keith & Pam Atkins07/20/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony Held07/20/2012
- Cooling Stations Activated July 18-1907/18/2012
- Coast Guard City Celebration August 2 – 407/17/2012
- 26th Annual Gospelrama August 4-507/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony07/16/2012
- Hurricane Preparedness Reminder07/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Move Schedule Announced
- Weather: Cloudy with showers and temps in the 70sToday will be moderately rainy with chances for showers until 3 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. There's a high of 71 and nighttime low of 52. A calm wind of up to 9 mph rolls in for the morning. The showers are 60 percent likely. Sun returns Wednesday, with highs in the mid-60s. […]
- Tropical Storm Kate forms near the BahamasMIAMI Tropical Storm Kate has formed and is approaching the central Bahamas. The storm's maximum sustained winds increased Monday morning are near 45 mph with additional strengthening expected. A tropical storm warning is in effect for the central and northwestern Bahamas. The storm is centered about 15 miles east-northeast of Cat Island in the Bahamas […]
- Weather: Rain, potential flooding with highs in the 60sToday will be gray and rainy, according to the National Weather Service. There's a 90 percent chance of rain through much of the day and night, resulting from a low pressure system tracking in along the coast. The service has issued a hazardous weather advisory for potential flooding this afternoon through tonight. Tuesday will see […]
- Weather: Sunny skies with cooler temperaturesExpect sunny skies and cooler weather today, with a high of 59 degrees. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 48 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. Another low pressure system will track along the Carolina coast, bringing heavy rain and the potential for minor flooding Monday evening and into Tuesday morning.
- Weekend will bring sun and rain, experts sayPrepare for a rainy start to the weekend, with skies clearing up Sunday. Saturday will likely be balmy and rain-swept, with up 3/4 inches of precipitation. Temperatures will hit 71, falling to around 51 at night, according to the National Weather Service. On Sunday, the skies will clear up. Temperatures are expected to peak […]
- Weather: Humid, mostly sunny before rain returnsToday will be mostly sunny after a little patchy fog early this morning, according to the National Weather Service. The fog clears around 9 a.m., then it should be smooth skies with a gentle breeze. The warmth continues with a high of 79 and nighttime low of 68. Enjoy what sun there is, because rain […]
- Judge sets damage claim deadline in sunken cargo ship caseJACKSONVILLE, Fla. A federal judge has set a deadline for damage claims filed by relatives of crewmembers who were lost aboard a cargo ship that sank last month in Hurricane Joaquin. U.S. District Court Judge Harvey Schlesinger on Wednesday set Dec. 21 as the deadline after the vessel's owner requested limited liability in the case.
- Weather: Continued chance for rain with a high of 77There's a 40 percent chance of rain and patchy fog in store for today, according to the National Weather Service. The day will be warm with a high of 77 and nighttime low of 64. Friday clears up a bit, to be mostly sunny with an 81-degree high. Then showers return Saturday, likely with a […]
- Weather: Chances of rain continue with highs in the 70sChances of rain continue today and Thursday at 30 percent, according to the National Weather Service. Temperatures will stay warm with a high of 72 today and nighttime low of 62. A sea breeze over the mid-Atlantic region brings low-level moisture to the area, according to the service. Friday will be partly sunny with a […]
- Weather: Warmer temps, slight chances of rainExpect chances for rain amid a cloudy sky today, according to the National Weather Service. High surface pressure building in the area will lead to higher temperatures in the upper 60s to lower 70s, according to the service. Tonight sees a low of 57, and Wednesday night's low is 62. The slight chance for rain […]
- Weather: Cloudy with showers and temps in the 70s
Portsmouth Injury Tagsaccident accidents attorney attorneys car carbon monoxide cars child congestion Cooper Cooper Hurley crash defective products Downtown Tunnel drunk driving DUI Hampton Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Hurley hurt I-64 I-95 injured injuries injury John Cooper lawyer lawyers loss of life Midtown Tunnel Newport News Norfolk pedestrian Portsmouth Portsmouth injury lawyer Portsmouth Redevelopment and Housing Authority seat belt truck trucks VA VDOT Virginia Virginia Beach wreck wrongful death
Tag Archives: Hickory Fork Road
By Jim Hurley, Portsmouth, VA Wrongful Death Lawyer In a new blog on the Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys site my colleague John Cooper writes about the death of a pedestrian in Gloucester County, VA. The driver involved in this accident was charged … Continue reading