Contact Our Attorneys
Portsmouth AV Rated Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Better Business Bureau Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth, VA Multi Million Dollar Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Super Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Injury Categories
- Air crashes
- Birth injuries
- Bus crashes
- Car accidents
- Client testimonials
- Dangerous drugs
- Downtown Tunnel
- Fatal accidents
- Gas leaks
- Medical malpractice
- Midtown Tunnel
- Military families
- Passenger injuries
- Pedestrian accidents
- personal injury
- Pregant women
- Premises Liability
- Product liability
- Railroad accidents
- red light runners
- Seat belts
- Single vehicle wrecks
- Teen drivers
- Truck accidents
- Unborn children
- Work zone accidents
- Wrongful death
- Portsmouth Car Accident Lawyer Report : Downtown Tunnel Sees the Most Crashes
- Alcohol Makes Fourth of July Holiday the Deadliest on the Roads of the USA
- Tunnel Congestion Causes Accidents in Portsmouth, VA
- Three Are Injured in Accidents on I-164 in Portsmouth, VA
- Virginia State Police Investigate How Two Pedestrians Were Hit and Injured on I-264 in Portsmouth
Helping Our Portsmouth Clients
If you have been hurt in a car, truck or motorcycle crash or by a fall or on a railroad, we are here to help. We are here to help if you have lost a loved one through the fault of another. The Cooper Hurley Law Firm has decades of experience in personal injury cases.
We work with personal injury cases only and serve the residents of Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Newport News, Hampton, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Portsmouth and the Eastern Shore of Virginia as well as north eastern North Carolina.
We offer free consultation and can come to you if you can't come to use.
Call (757) 455-0077 to make an appointment at our Norfolk office.
- Police: Man robbed on Portsmouth street this morning July 4, 2015PORTSMOUTH Police were called this morning to assist with a street robbery that occurred at the Neighborhood Market in the 50 block of Afton Parkway.
- Brutti's closes in Olde Towne Portsmouth, but owner says he has new plans July 4, 2015PORTSMOUTH Despite the possible foreclosure or auction of his property, Brutti's restaurant owner Charles Greenhood remains optimistic. Greenhood closed Brutti's on Court Street on Father's Day after more than 15 years of service. Greenhood said he shut down because the restaurant had reached the end of its "life cycle."
- Portsmouth man's business, built in his spare time, is a real trip July 4, 2015PORTSMOUTH When Andrae Marable was growing up in Danville, his family couldn't afford long trips. It was a big deal to go to the Carowinds amusement park in North Carolina, two hours away. Marable wanted to see more of the world. The 35-year-old has gotten his wish, having visited 42 states so far. He also […]
- 19-year-old charged in man's death in Portsmouth July 2, 2015PORTSMOUTH A 60-year-old man, who was believed to have been assaulted, died Thursday morning in the 2900 block of Deep Creek Blvd. Shortly after 2:20 a.m., police got a call requesting help for the man who was inside a home and had been injured, said Detective Misty Holley. When officers arrived, they found Thomas Parson […]
- Open letter calls for Portsmouth School Board chairman to quit July 2, 2015PORTSMOUTH In an open letter, a city government observer is calling for James Bridgeford to step aside as School Board chairman, citing the board's secret meetings late last year to hire a superintendent. Today, the board will vote on its chair and vice-chair positions. Mark Geduldig-Yatrofsky said that while he likes Bridgeford, he must be […]
- State grant will put more police in Portsmouth schools July 2, 2015PORTSMOUTH More police will patrol school hallways with the help of a grant supporting school safety. Portsmouth Public Schools was the only division in South Hampton Roads to apply for and receive a grant for up to $50,000 for each of six school resource officers.
- Man's condition unknown after stabbing in Portsmouth July 1, 2015PORTSMOUTH A man was taken to a hospital this morning after he was found in the 1300 block of Marshall Ave. suffering a stab wound. Police were called to that location about 12:45 a.m. and found the man wounded in his torso, according to Detective Misty Holley. The man was taken to Bon Secours Maryview […]
- Missing Portsmouth woman found safe June 30, 2015PORTSMOUTH After she was missing for more than a week, Rita B. Williams has been found safe, the Portsmouth Police Department said Tuesday night in a news release.
- Woman killed in Portsmouth fire worked for post office June 30, 2015UPDATE: The U.S. Postal Service identified the victim as Jean Grant, a general clerk at the Norfolk Processing and Distribution Center. She had worked for the postal service for 30 years. PORTSMOUTH One person died Monday morning in a townhouse fire in the 5600 block of Rivermill Circle near Cedar Lane.
- No injuries in sub shop robbery in Portsmouth June 30, 2015PORTSMOUTH Police are looking for a man who robbed the Greater Grinders in the 3500 block of High St. on Monday night. Dispatchers were alerted to a robbery alarm at the sub shop shortly after 7:30 p.m., a police news release says. After the robbery, the employees called 911. No injuries were reported when the […]
- Police: Man robbed on Portsmouth street this morning July 4, 2015
Cooper Hurley Sites
Virginia Personal Injury Lawyers
Virginia Beach Car and Truck Accident Attorneys
Norfolk, VA Car and Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyers
Suffolk, VA Accident Injury Lawyers
Virginia Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Chesapeake Truck and Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Hampton Car and Truck Injury Lawyers
Virginia Brain Injury Attorneys
Newport News Car and Truck Accident Lawyers
Eastern Shore of Virginia Injury Lawyers
Virginia Wrongful Death Lawyers
Virginia Railroad/FELA Injury Lawyers
North Carolina Injury Attorney
Cooper Hurley Books
Your Rights When You Are Injured on the Railroad
- HAMPTON ROADS WEEKLY LANE CLOSURE REPORT JULY 6-11This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- ERT WEEKLY CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULE FOR JUNE 26 - JULY 3This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- ROUTE 657 (OLD PLACE ROAD) OVER SWEAT SWAMP CLOSEDThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- HAMPTON BOULEVARD TRAFFIC SHIFTS TO NEW UNDERPASSThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- ROUTE 301 SOUTH BRIDGE TO CLOSE FOR CONSTRUCTION MAY 18This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- ROUTE 602 BRIDGE TO CLOSE FOR CONSTRUCTION MAY 4This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- ROUTE 35 BRIDGE TO COURTLAND CLOSING JANUARY 5, 2015This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- TREXLER AVE. AND MANTEO ST. IN PORTSMOUTH TO CLOSE TO THROUGH TRAFFIC FOR PROJECT CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIESThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-264 EAST FREDERICK BLVD. OFF-RAMP TO CLOSE FOR UP TO 18 MONTHSThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- Work Begins on Martin Luther King ExtensionThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- HAMPTON ROADS WEEKLY LANE CLOSURE REPORT JULY 6-11
- Portsmouth Judicial Center
Move Schedule Announced07/27/2012
- "Cool City" Cooling Stations Activated07/26/2012
- Mosquito Control Tips07/24/2012
- Portsmouth in Postcards - Presented by Keith & Pam Atkins07/20/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony Held07/20/2012
- Cooling Stations Activated July 18-1907/18/2012
- Coast Guard City Celebration August 2 – 407/17/2012
- 26th Annual Gospelrama August 4-507/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony07/16/2012
- Hurricane Preparedness Reminder07/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Move Schedule Announced
- Weather: Wet, stormy holiday weekend likelyUnsettled weather conditions will continue through the holiday weekend as a stationary boundary stalls over the region, according to the National Weather Service. Showers and thunderstorms today and tonight could produce minor flooding. Highs today should be in the 80s with lows in the 70s.
- Weather: Cold front to bring unsettled conditions this weekendA cold front slowly dropped into the region overnight and was expected to stall over the area today through Thursday, bringing "unsettled conditions" in the Mid-Atlantic and Carolinas through Saturday, according to the National Weather Service.
- Weather: Temps in the low 90s and mostly sunny skiesStormy weather overnight should clear out and leave behind mostly sunny skies today. Highs should be in the low 90s. There is a 20 percent chance of showers and storms after about 2 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Tonight it should be about 75 degrees with partly cloudy conditions. There is a moderate […]
- Severe thunderstorm warnings in Hampton Roads and N.C.The National Weather Service has issued a thunderstorm warning that will expire at 11:15 p.m.
- Weather: Mostly sunny with highs in the mid-90sIt should be mostly sunny today with highs in the mid-90s. A cold front should approach the area tonight and there is a 20 percent chance of showers and storms overnight. Otherwise it should be partly cloudy with lows in the mid-70s, according to the National Weather Service.
- Weather: Sunny with highs of 85 degreesHigh pressure was building into the area overnight and into today, bringing much drier and comfortable conditions to the region, according to the National Weather Service. It should be sunny today with highs of 85 degrees. Tonight should be partly cloudy with temperatures in the low 70s.
- Weather to improve today, MondayAfter a stormy Saturday, things should look up today. Today is forecast to be cloudy before the sun comes out, with highs in the upper 80s. Tonight should be clear with lows in the mid-60s. Monday should be sunny with highs in the mid-80s, dropping down to the low 70s and partly cloudy that night.
- Tornado warning, watch expire for Hampton RoadsNORFOLK A tornado warning for Chesapeake and Virginia Beach has expired, but a watch remained in effect for all of Hampton Roads and northeastern North Carolina. A warning for the Great Bridge and Princess Anne was issued after radar spotted a tornado near Great Bridge around 2:10 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. The […]
- More than 1,000 without power after overnight stormsThe storms overnight were being blamed for power outages this morning around the area. While more than 1,000 Dominion Virginia Power customers were without service this morning, the bulk of the outages were on the Peninsula. In Newport News, more than 700 customers were waiting for service to be restored. Most were blames on the […]
- Weather: More rain possible, with chance of afternoon stormsMore rain is possible today, with a chance of afternoon storms. The storms overnight dumped lots of rain on some spots around Hampton Roads. In Wakfield, the Naitonal Weather Service measured 3 inches at its office. Isle of Wight County and western Chesapeake and Suffolk saw 2 to 3 inches during the downpour.
- Weather: Wet, stormy holiday weekend likely
Portsmouth Injury Tagsaccident accidents attorney attorneys car carbon monoxide cars child congestion Cooper Cooper Hurley crash defective products Downtown Tunnel drunk driving DUI Hampton Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Hurley hurt I-64 I-95 injured injuries injury John Cooper lawyer lawyers loss of life Midtown Tunnel Newport News Norfolk pedestrian Portsmouth Portsmouth injury lawyer Portsmouth Redevelopment and Housing Authority seat belt truck trucks VA VDOT Virginia Virginia Beach wreck wrongful death
Tag Archives: Hickory Fork Road
By Jim Hurley, Portsmouth, VA Wrongful Death Lawyer In a new blog on the Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys site my colleague John Cooper writes about the death of a pedestrian in Gloucester County, VA. The driver involved in this accident was charged … Continue reading