Contact Our Attorneys
Portsmouth AV Rated Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Better Business Bureau Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth, VA Multi Million Dollar Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Super Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Injury Categories
- Air crashes
- Birth injuries
- Bus crashes
- Car accidents
- Client testimonials
- Dangerous drugs
- Downtown Tunnel
- Fatal accidents
- Gas leaks
- Medical malpractice
- Midtown Tunnel
- Military families
- Passenger injuries
- Pedestrian accidents
- personal injury
- Pregant women
- Premises Liability
- Product liability
- Railroad accidents
- red light runners
- Seat belts
- Single vehicle wrecks
- Teen drivers
- Truck accidents
- Unborn children
- Work zone accidents
- Wrongful death
- Portsmouth Car Accident Lawyer Report : Downtown Tunnel Sees the Most Crashes
- Alcohol Makes Fourth of July Holiday the Deadliest on the Roads of the USA
- Tunnel Congestion Causes Accidents in Portsmouth, VA
- Three Are Injured in Accidents on I-164 in Portsmouth, VA
- Virginia State Police Investigate How Two Pedestrians Were Hit and Injured on I-264 in Portsmouth
Helping Our Portsmouth Clients
If you have been hurt in a car, truck or motorcycle crash or by a fall or on a railroad, we are here to help. We are here to help if you have lost a loved one through the fault of another. The Cooper Hurley Law Firm has decades of experience in personal injury cases.
We work with personal injury cases only and serve the residents of Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Newport News, Hampton, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Portsmouth and the Eastern Shore of Virginia as well as north eastern North Carolina.
We offer free consultation and can come to you if you can't come to use.
Call (757) 455-0077 to make an appointment at our Norfolk office.
- Portsmouth police seek man who robbed Foot Locker May 28, 2015PORTSMOUTH Detectives are asking for the public's help to identify a man who robbed the Foot Locker in the 3900 block of Victory Blvd. this afternoon.
- Project to close parts of streets in Portsmouth May 28, 2015PORTSMOUTH Beginning Monday, a project to add lanes to Turnpike Road will close portions of several streets. The project will add one lane in each direction and a 12-foot center median turn lane, according to a news release from the Virginia Department of Transportation. The road now has two lanes.
- Work on Turnpike Road in Portsmouth to cause detours May 27, 2015PORTSMOUTH Beginning Monday, a project to add lanes to Turnpike Road will close portions of several streets. The project will add one lane in each direction and a 12-foot center median turn lane, according to a news release from the Virginia Department of Transportation. The road now has two lanes.
- Map changes mean more Portsmouth homes will need flood insurance May 27, 2015PORTSMOUTH The City Council approved amendments to its flood ordinance Tuesday to comply with federal regulations, which means more homes will need flood insurance. The same homeowners might have to raise their homes 3 feet above the expected floodwaters. The city's new map of flood zones goes into effect Aug. 3. ____
- Political squabbles can't squash Portsmouth parade fun May 25, 2015PORTSMOUTH The city needed a day like this: bright sun, blue skies, rousing music and - at least on the surface - unity. Thousands of spectators gathered along the route of one of the longest-running parades in the nation Monday, waving flags and cheering on the spirited bands.
- Portsmouth celebrates its 25th annual Umoja Festival May 25, 2015PORTSMOUTH Music from the Umoja Festival could be heard several blocks away as people walked toward the nTelos Wireless Pavilion on Sunday. Then, during Phalishia Johnson’s performance, the words “rock steady” rang out clearly. The sentiment was fitting as it was the 25th annual Umoja Festival in Portsmouth.
- Portsmouth police seek man who robbed store May 25, 2015PORTSMOUTH Police are trying to identify the man who robbed Cricket Wireless this evening. Shortly after 4 p.m. today, Portsmouth officers were called to the business in the 4000 block of Victory Blvd. Witnesses told detectives that the robber displayed a handgun and demanded money from store employees. He then fled on foot. No injuries […]
- Paradise Creek Nature Park celebrates new milestone May 24, 2015Nature lovers might say it's nearly impossible to enhance Paradise, but the guardians of the nature park off Victory Boulevard believe they have by cultivating the right amount of corporate, governmental and community cooperation.
- German sailors were the toast of the town - then came April 6, 1917 May 24, 2015What a difference a day makes. In 1915 and for two years afterward, the sailors aboard two German ships docked at the Norfolk Naval Shipyard were local celebrities. That changed on April 6, 1917, when the United States entered World War I. Historian Bill Edwards-Bodmer told the story of the ships and their significance to […]
- As funding fades, Virginia Hall of Fame cries foul May 24, 2015PORTSMOUTH More than a decade ago, officials from Richmond, Lynchburg and Roanoke contacted the Virginia Sports Hall of Fame, trying to lure the museum to their cities. It had long outgrown its quarters in the former Portsmouth City Clerk's office since it was created in 1972.
- Portsmouth police seek man who robbed Foot Locker May 28, 2015
Cooper Hurley Sites
Virginia Personal Injury Lawyers
Virginia Beach Car and Truck Accident Attorneys
Norfolk, VA Car and Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyers
Suffolk, VA Accident Injury Lawyers
Virginia Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Chesapeake Truck and Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Hampton Car and Truck Injury Lawyers
Virginia Brain Injury Attorneys
Newport News Car and Truck Accident Lawyers
Eastern Shore of Virginia Injury Lawyers
Virginia Wrongful Death Lawyers
Virginia Railroad/FELA Injury Lawyers
North Carolina Injury Attorney
Cooper Hurley Books
Your Rights When You Are Injured on the Railroad
- I-264 DOWNTOWN TUNNEL CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULE THIS WEEKThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- HAMPTON ROADS WEEKLY LANE CLOSURE REPORT MAY 24-30This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- UPDATE: THREE LANES REOPEN ON HIGH STREET BETWEEN CONFEDERATE AND CONSTITUTION AVENUESThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- DES MOINES AVENUE IN PORTSMOUTH REOPENED TO TRAFFICThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- HAMPTON BOULEVARD TRAFFIC SHIFTS TO NEW UNDERPASSThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- CLOSURE SCHEDULED FOR RALEIGH AVENUE RAMP FROM WEST GHENT TO ROUTE 58 WEST TOWARDS THE MIDTOWN TUNNELThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- ROUTE 301 SOUTH BRIDGE TO CLOSE FOR CONSTRUCTION MAY 18This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- HIGH STREET CLOSED BETWEEN CONFEDERATE AND CONSTITUTION AVENUESThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- ROUTE 602 BRIDGE TO CLOSE FOR CONSTRUCTION MAY 4This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- LAKESIDE DRIVE (ROUTE 620) REOPENS BETWEEN YORKVILLE ROAD AND OLD LAKESIDE DRIVEThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-264 DOWNTOWN TUNNEL CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULE THIS WEEK
- Portsmouth Judicial Center
Move Schedule Announced07/27/2012
- "Cool City" Cooling Stations Activated07/26/2012
- Mosquito Control Tips07/24/2012
- Portsmouth in Postcards - Presented by Keith & Pam Atkins07/20/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony Held07/20/2012
- Cooling Stations Activated July 18-1907/18/2012
- Coast Guard City Celebration August 2 – 407/17/2012
- 26th Annual Gospelrama August 4-507/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony07/16/2012
- Hurricane Preparedness Reminder07/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Move Schedule Announced
- Weather: Partly sunny, mid-80s with a chance of stormsIt should be partly sunny today with highs in the mid-80s. There is a slight chance of showers between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Then there is a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after about 2 p.m. Tonight should be mostly cloudy with lows in the mid-60s.
- Officials expect below-normal hurricane seasonNEW ORLEANS The National Hurricane Center's forecasters are predicting a below-normal Atlantic hurricane season this year, thanks mostly to El Niño.
- Weather: Mostly sunny, highs near 85 degreesIt will be mostly sunny today with highs of about 85 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight should be partly cloudy with lows in the upper 60s. Highs on Thursday should be in the mid-80s and there is a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening. Thursday night […]
- $42M nose-to-tail upgrade for 2 hurricane huntersTAMPA, Fla. The hurricane planes known affectionately as "Miss Piggy" and "Kermit" are getting new Rolls-Royce engines, new wings and better radar. Every hurricane season for nearly four decades, the two technologically packed planes have flown into storms at speeds of up to 300 mph, collecting research and forecasting data to transmit back to the […]
- Weather: Sunny skies with highs in the mid-80sWarm, sunny weather will continue for the next two days. Today’s forecast is sunny with light south winds. The high will reach 85. The low will be 68 with winds picking up to 10-13 miles per hour. On Wednesday, it will be mostly sunny with a high of 85 and light south winds. Lows at […]
- Holiday weather: Sunny with highs of 85 degreesIt's going to be sunny today with highs in the mid-80s. Winds will be out of the southwest at 6 to 10 mph, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight will remain clear with lows in the mid-60s. Tuesday and Wednesday should also be sunny with highs in the mid-80s. Lows should be in the […]
- Weather: Warm holiday weekend continuesHeaded to the beach? You're in luck. The beautiful holiday weekend will continue with sunny skies and highs near 80 today. Lows tonight will dip to around 60, according to the National Weather Service. Memorial Day will be much of the same. Sunny, clear skies with highs near 85. Lows are expected to be near […]
- Weather | Cool Saturday, then an extended warmupTemperatures will be below average Saturday in Hampton Roads, but the region is in for a long warm stretch after that. Skies Saturday should be sunny with highs near 70, according to the National Weather Service. Lows at night should be in the mid-50s. Sunday should also be sunny, with highs in the upper 70s. […]
- Red flags warn swimmers at Virginia Beach OceanfrontVIRGINIA BEACH The red flags are up at the resort beach at the Oceanfront, keeping swimmers away from rough surf and rip currents this afternoon. Northerly winds are partly to blame for the conditions, which are expected to improve through the holiday weekend, said Dep. Chief Tom Gill of the Virginia Beach Lifesaving Service.
- Weather: A sunny start to the holiday weekendSunny skies are in the forecast for the holiday weekend, and temperatures should be pleasant in advance of the workweek. Today and through the weekend, highs should be in the 70s, according to the National Weather Service. Swimmers along Virginia Beach and the Outer Banks are being warned of a moderate risk of rip currents […]
- Weather: Partly sunny, mid-80s with a chance of storms
Portsmouth Injury Tagsaccident accidents attorney attorneys car carbon monoxide cars child congestion Cooper Cooper Hurley crash defective products Downtown Tunnel drunk driving DUI Hampton Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Hurley hurt I-64 I-95 injured injuries injury John Cooper lawyer lawyers loss of life Midtown Tunnel Newport News Norfolk pedestrian Portsmouth Portsmouth injury lawyer Portsmouth Redevelopment and Housing Authority seat belt truck trucks VA VDOT Virginia Virginia Beach wreck wrongful death
Tag Archives: Hickory Fork Road
By Jim Hurley, Portsmouth, VA Wrongful Death Lawyer In a new blog on the Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys site my colleague John Cooper writes about the death of a pedestrian in Gloucester County, VA. The driver involved in this accident was charged … Continue reading