Contact Our Attorneys
Portsmouth AV Rated Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Better Business Bureau Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth, VA Multi Million Dollar Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Super Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Injury Categories
- Air crashes
- Birth injuries
- Bus crashes
- Car accidents
- Client testimonials
- Dangerous drugs
- Downtown Tunnel
- Fatal accidents
- Gas leaks
- Medical malpractice
- Midtown Tunnel
- Military families
- Passenger injuries
- Pedestrian accidents
- personal injury
- Pregant women
- Premises Liability
- Product liability
- Railroad accidents
- red light runners
- Seat belts
- Single vehicle wrecks
- Teen drivers
- Truck accidents
- Unborn children
- Work zone accidents
- Wrongful death
- Portsmouth Car Accident Lawyer Report : Downtown Tunnel Sees the Most Crashes
- Alcohol Makes Fourth of July Holiday the Deadliest on the Roads of the USA
- Tunnel Congestion Causes Accidents in Portsmouth, VA
- Three Are Injured in Accidents on I-164 in Portsmouth, VA
- Virginia State Police Investigate How Two Pedestrians Were Hit and Injured on I-264 in Portsmouth
Helping Our Portsmouth Clients
If you have been hurt in a car, truck or motorcycle crash or by a fall or on a railroad, we are here to help. We are here to help if you have lost a loved one through the fault of another. The Cooper Hurley Law Firm has decades of experience in personal injury cases.
We work with personal injury cases only and serve the residents of Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Newport News, Hampton, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Portsmouth and the Eastern Shore of Virginia as well as north eastern North Carolina.
We offer free consultation and can come to you if you can't come to use.
Call (757) 455-0077 to make an appointment at our Norfolk office.
- Portsmouth auditor should go September 22, 2014Portsmouth's leaders know that 17 months is too long to pay someone for producing no original work. Fourteen months was too long. But when the City Council reviewed the performance of City Auditor Jesse Andre Thomas in June, it gave him 90 more days to provide evidence that he was an effective watchdog over Portsmouth's finances.
- Portsmouth Mayor discuss Constitution, presidential ambitions September 21, 2014Students at Central Christian Academy celebrated the ratification of the U.S. Constitution on Wednesdaywith a program that included a special visit from Mayor Kenny Wright. It was the first Constitution Day event at the school, executed by about 40 children in third through sixth grade.
- Portsmouth: These kids aren't afraid of snakes September 21, 2014You rarely hear the words beautiful and snake in the same sentence, but the group that gathered at Hoffler Creek Wildlife Preserve a few weeks back heard them often. John Barnes, purveyor of all things creepy and crawly, dropped by with his traveling reptile show, J.B.'s Rattles.
- Great service, big smiles at D&E Gardner September 21, 2014PORTSMOUTH The folks at D&E Gardner Restaurant go out of their way to make you feel welcome and appreciated. You get a big "Hello!" when you arrive and a nice "Thank you for coming!" when you leave. You also get Southern-style home cooking, especially the sweet potato pie, my favorite.
- Photos | Old Towne Chalk Challenge in Portsmouth September 20, 2014...
- Va. transportation head chastises ERC over bill delays September 20, 2014PORTSMOUTH Virginia’s top transportation official took Elizabeth River Crossings to task Friday, saying the tunnel toll operator’s delays in billing thousands of motorists is “unacceptable” and endangering the future of tolling elsewhere in Hampton Roads.
- One injured in Portsmouth robbery; 2 in custody September 19, 2014PORTSMOUTH Two people are in custody after a robbery at a Family Dollar store this afternoon. The incident happened about 2:10 p.m., at a store in the 3400 block of George Washington Highway, a police news release said. this afternoon. When officers arrived, two people were seen running from the store. […]
- No injuries in robbery of Portsmouth pharmacy September 19, 2014PORTSMOUTH No injuries were reported this morning when a man robbed the pharmacy at the Rite-Aid in the 5900 block of W. High St. The man went into the store shortly before 8:50 a.m., went to the pharmacy with a gun and demanded prescription drugs, police wrote in a news release. Employees complied with the demands
- Mosquito spraying set next week for Portsmouth September 19, 2014PORTSMOUTH The city and Army Corps of Engineers will spray Craney Island, nearby properties and Churchland for mosquitoes on Tuesday. The treatment will happen between 5 and 9 p.m. in areas north of Va. 164 if the weather permits, a city news release says. Beekeepers should keep their bees covered and people who know they are allergic to the spray should sta […]
- Portsmouth body shop fixes cars, makes music September 14, 2014It's Saturday night at Wayne's Body Shop: the cars are gone and the drills and air compressors are silent. But it's far from asleep - the fast-picking, strumming and fiddling on "Orange Blossom Special" is pulsating from the Victory Boulevard garage. A couple dozen bluegrass enthusiasts came out for shop owner Wayne Willis' blue […]
- Portsmouth auditor should go September 22, 2014
Cooper Hurley Sites
Virginia Personal Injury Lawyers
Virginia Beach Car and Truck Accident Attorneys
Norfolk, VA Car and Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyers
Suffolk, VA Accident Injury Lawyers
Virginia Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Chesapeake Truck and Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Hampton Car and Truck Injury Lawyers
Virginia Brain Injury Attorneys
Newport News Car and Truck Accident Lawyers
Eastern Shore of Virginia Injury Lawyers
Virginia Wrongful Death Lawyers
Virginia Railroad/FELA Injury Lawyers
North Carolina Injury Attorney
Cooper Hurley Books
Your Rights When You Are Injured on the Railroad
- I-264 WEST DOWNTOWN TUNNEL CLOSURE SCHEDULE, 9-19-14This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-264 LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED FOR THIS WEEKEND; WEEKNIGHT RAMP CLOSURES SCHEDULED SEPTEMBER 21-26This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- WEEKLY LANE CLOSURE FORECAST, SEPT. 21 THROUGH SEPT. 27This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-264 EAST DOWNTOWN TUNNEL CLOSURE SCHEDULE, 9-18-14This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- TURNPIKE ROAD TO CLOSE BETWEEN CONFEDERATE AVENUE AND CONSTITUTION AVENUE IN PORTSMOUTHThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-264 DOWNTOWN TUNNEL CLOSURE SCHEDULEThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-264 DOWNTOWN TUNNEL CLOSURE SCHEDULEThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-264 LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED FOR TONIGHT; WEEKNIGHT RAMP CLOSURES SCHEDULED SEPTEMBER 14-19This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- WEEKLY LANE CLOSURE FORECAST, SEPT. 14 THROUGH SEPT. 20This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-264 AND I-64 RAMP CLOSURE SCHEDULE REVISED DUE TO WEATHERThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-264 WEST DOWNTOWN TUNNEL CLOSURE SCHEDULE, 9-19-14
- Portsmouth Judicial Center
Move Schedule Announced07/27/2012
- "Cool City" Cooling Stations Activated07/26/2012
- Mosquito Control Tips07/24/2012
- Portsmouth in Postcards - Presented by Keith & Pam Atkins07/20/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony Held07/20/2012
- Cooling Stations Activated July 18-1907/18/2012
- Coast Guard City Celebration August 2 – 407/17/2012
- 26th Annual Gospelrama August 4-507/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony07/16/2012
- Hurricane Preparedness Reminder07/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Move Schedule Announced
- Weather: Mostly sunny with temps in the upper 70sA cold front was expected to sweep through the region overnight and into this morning and today should be mostly sunny with highs in the upper 70s, according to the National Weather Service. There is a moderate rip current risk through this evening. Tonight should be partly cloudy with lows in the upper 50s.
- Weather: Warm temperatures, slight chance of rainWarm weather continues in Hampton Roads, with highs today expected in the mid-80s. There is a 40 percent chance of showers overnight, with clouds clearing this morning to leave mostly sunny skies. Showers are possible from after midnight Monday until noon. Monday will be mostly sunny after that, with a high in the upper 70s.
- Weather | Summer returns for the weekendIt's going to feel a lot like summer this weekend around Hampton Roads. Overnight lows should be in the low 60s under partly cloudy skies. Saturday's highs should be in the low 80s, with mostly sunny skies. Lows Saturday night should be in the mid-60s.
- Weather: Mostly cloudy, highs in the upper 70sExpect mostly cloudy skies today with highs in the upper 70s. There is also a moderate rip current risk in effect through tonight, according to the National Weather Service. Temperatures tonight should be in the low 60s, with partly cloudy skies. This weekend should be mostly sunny with highs in the low 80s. Lows should be in the mid-60s.
- Va. offering storm surge map for coastal areasRICHMOND Virginia emergency management officials have created a new tool to help coastal residents assess the risks of rising water in a storm surge. The Virginia Department of Emergency Management says the Geographic Information System map provides users with the maximum storm surge risk at their current location or elsewhere.
- Weather: Partly sunny with temps in the upper 70sHighs today should be in the upper 70s with partly sunny skies. The National Weather Service also warns of a moderate rip current risk through the evening. Tonight it should be mostly cloudy with temperatures in the low 60s. On Friday, it should be partly sunny with highs in the upper 70s again. Friday night should be partly cloudy with lows of about 65 degr […]
- Moderate risk of rip currents today along Va., N.C.Swimmers are being warned today about a moderate risk of rip currents as Hurricane Edouard spins well off the coast in the Atlantic Ocean. The hurricane poses no other threat to the coast, but the rip current risk stretches from the Outer Banks of North Carolina to the Eastern Shore and up to Maryland, according to the National Weather Service and National H […]
- Weather: Mostly cloudy skies, temps in the upper 70sIt should be mostly cloudy today with highs in the upper 70s. There is a slight chance of showers after about 8 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. There is also a moderate rip current risk in effect throughout the day. Tonight there is a slight chance of showers, but it should otherwise be mostly cloudy with temperatures in the low 60s.
- Research drones launched into Hurricane EdouardMIAMI U.S. government scientists are launching winged drones into Hurricane Edouard, hoping to collect data that could help forecasters understand what makes some storms strengthen into monsters while others fade away. This week's launches mark the first time that unmanned aircraft have been dispatched from "hurricane hunter" planes flying thr […]
- Weather: Partly sunny, 80 degrees, chance of rainA cold front was expected to approach from the northwest overnight and then cross the Mid-Atlantic coast this morning. There is a slight chance of showers today before noon, according to the National Weather Service. Then it should be partly sunny with a high of about 80 degrees. Tonight it should be mostly cloudy with lows in the mid-60s.
- Weather: Mostly sunny with temps in the upper 70s
Portsmouth Injury Tagsaccident accidents attorney attorneys car carbon monoxide cars child congestion Cooper Cooper Hurley crash defective products Downtown Tunnel drunk driving DUI Hampton Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Hurley hurt I-64 I-95 injured injuries injury John Cooper lawyer lawyers loss of life Midtown Tunnel Newport News Norfolk pedestrian Portsmouth Portsmouth injury lawyer Portsmouth Redevelopment and Housing Authority seat belt truck trucks VA VDOT Virginia Virginia Beach wreck wrongful death
Tag Archives: Hickory Fork Road
By Jim Hurley, Portsmouth, VA Wrongful Death Lawyer In a new blog on the Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys site my colleague John Cooper writes about the death of a pedestrian in Gloucester County, VA. The driver involved in this accident was charged … Continue reading