Contact Our Attorneys
Portsmouth AV Rated Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Better Business Bureau Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth, VA Multi Million Dollar Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Super Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Injury Categories
- Air crashes
- Birth injuries
- Bus crashes
- Car accidents
- Client testimonials
- Dangerous drugs
- Downtown Tunnel
- Fatal accidents
- Gas leaks
- Medical malpractice
- Midtown Tunnel
- Military families
- Passenger injuries
- Pedestrian accidents
- personal injury
- Pregant women
- Premises Liability
- Product liability
- Railroad accidents
- red light runners
- Seat belts
- Single vehicle wrecks
- Teen drivers
- Truck accidents
- Unborn children
- Work zone accidents
- Wrongful death
- Portsmouth Car Accident Lawyer Report : Downtown Tunnel Sees the Most Crashes
- Alcohol Makes Fourth of July Holiday the Deadliest on the Roads of the USA
- Tunnel Congestion Causes Accidents in Portsmouth, VA
- Three Are Injured in Accidents on I-164 in Portsmouth, VA
- Virginia State Police Investigate How Two Pedestrians Were Hit and Injured on I-264 in Portsmouth
Helping Our Portsmouth Clients
If you have been hurt in a car, truck or motorcycle crash or by a fall or on a railroad, we are here to help. We are here to help if you have lost a loved one through the fault of another. The Cooper Hurley Law Firm has decades of experience in personal injury cases.
We work with personal injury cases only and serve the residents of Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Newport News, Hampton, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Portsmouth and the Eastern Shore of Virginia as well as north eastern North Carolina.
We offer free consultation and can come to you if you can't come to use.
Call (757) 455-0077 to make an appointment at our Norfolk office.
- Portsmouth drug dealer who was tortured by bosses set to be sentenced September 2, 2015NORFOLK Lee Graham Sawyer III was bad at being a bad guy. Court documents filed ahead of Sawyer's sentencing - scheduled for today in U.S. District Court - outline the Portsmouth man's recent career with a violent drug ring. He apparently proved so inept at dealing narcotics that his bosses tortured him with a steak […]
- 2 taken to hospital after shooting on Highland Avenue in Portsmouth September 2, 2015PORTSMOUTH Police said two people were found injured after they received a report of a shooting this afternoon in the 1500 block of Highland Ave.
- Portsmouth human resources director retires September 2, 2015PORTSMOUTH The city lost its eighth department head on Tuesday when Portsmouth Human Resources Management Director Toni Smaw-Bembry submitted her retirement. The retirement came the same day that new City Manager Lydia Pettis-Patton started her job.
- Police: Portsmouth man seriously injured in shooting September 2, 2015PORTSMOUTH Portsmouth police are investigating a shooting that sent one man to a hospital Tuesday evening. Just before 8 p.m., police were dispatched to the area of the 1500 and 1600 blocks of Des Moines Ave. for a report of a person with a gunshot wound, according to a Portsmouth Police Department tweet.
- Portsmouth inmate's death reveals huge holes in the state's safety net September 1, 2015Something is wrong when a mentally ill man dies in jail - after being charged with stealing the princely sum of $5 worth of junk food - while awaiting space in a state treatment center.
- Portsmouth aims to tighten spending rules after mulch equipment purchase September 1, 2015PORTSMOUTH Portsmouth forced out its general services director over his purchase of nearly $900,000 worth of mulching equipment, and city staff members still struggle to figure out what to do with it. But City Council members blame lack of oversight for the unwanted expense.
- Attorney says Navy sailor had shock therapy before stabbing another sailor in Portsmouth September 1, 2015NORFOLK A sailor accused of attempted murder in the stabbing of another sailor at Portsmouth Naval Medical Center had undergone a dozen rounds of electroconvulsive therapy and was taken off psychiatric medication prior to the attack last summer, his defense lawyer said during a military court hearing Monday at Norfolk Naval Station.
- Man found shot on Decatur Street in Portsmouth August 31, 2015PORTSMOUTH A man was found suffering a gunshot wound Sunday night on Decatur Street. Police were called to the street shortly before midnight and found the man suffering a wound that was not believed to be life-threatening, a police news release says. The man, who may have been shot through the door of the residence, […]
- Portsmouth police ID stabbing victim, suspect August 30, 2015PORTSMOUTH Police have identified the Norfolk man who was fatally stabbed Saturday night in Portsmouth as 40-year-old Elvin Elliott. About 6:30 p.m., police were called to Victory Crossing Shopping Center at 4000 Victory Blvd., Capt. Scott Burke said in a news release.
- Fatal shooting in March was not Portsmouth officer's first August 29, 2015PORTSMOUTH The officer who killed a Portsmouth man in March after a police chase was involved in another fatal shooting six years ago that claimed the lives of two men. For the first time Thursday, prosecutors publicly identified Lt. T. Thursby as the officer who shot and killed 29-year-old Walter Brown III on March 24 […]
- Portsmouth drug dealer who was tortured by bosses set to be sentenced September 2, 2015
Cooper Hurley Sites
Virginia Personal Injury Lawyers
Virginia Beach Car and Truck Accident Attorneys
Norfolk, VA Car and Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyers
Suffolk, VA Accident Injury Lawyers
Virginia Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Chesapeake Truck and Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Hampton Car and Truck Injury Lawyers
Virginia Brain Injury Attorneys
Newport News Car and Truck Accident Lawyers
Eastern Shore of Virginia Injury Lawyers
Virginia Wrongful Death Lawyers
Virginia Railroad/FELA Injury Lawyers
North Carolina Injury Attorney
Cooper Hurley Books
Your Rights When You Are Injured on the Railroad
- ERT WEEKLY CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULE FOR AUGUST 28 - SEPT 4This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-64/I-564 WESTBOUND ENTRANCE RAMP TO CLOSE NIGHTLY AUGUST 30-SEPTEMBER 3This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- HAMPTON ROADS WEEKLY LANE CLOSURE REPORT AUGUST 28-SEPTEMBER 4This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- HAMPTON ROADS WEEKLY LANE CLOSURE REPORT AUGUST 21-28This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- COMANS WELL ROAD (ROUTE 642) TO CLOSE JULY 27This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- ROUTE 301 SOUTH BRIDGE TO CLOSE FOR CONSTRUCTION MAY 18This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- ROUTE 602 BRIDGE TO CLOSE FOR CONSTRUCTION MAY 4This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- ROUTE 35 BRIDGE TO COURTLAND CLOSING JANUARY 5, 2015This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- TREXLER AVE. AND MANTEO ST. IN PORTSMOUTH TO CLOSE TO THROUGH TRAFFIC FOR PROJECT CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIESThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-264 EAST FREDERICK BLVD. OFF-RAMP TO CLOSE FOR UP TO 18 MONTHSThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- ERT WEEKLY CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULE FOR AUGUST 28 - SEPT 4
- Portsmouth Judicial Center
Move Schedule Announced07/27/2012
- "Cool City" Cooling Stations Activated07/26/2012
- Mosquito Control Tips07/24/2012
- Portsmouth in Postcards - Presented by Keith & Pam Atkins07/20/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony Held07/20/2012
- Cooling Stations Activated July 18-1907/18/2012
- Coast Guard City Celebration August 2 – 407/17/2012
- 26th Annual Gospelrama August 4-507/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony07/16/2012
- Hurricane Preparedness Reminder07/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Move Schedule Announced
- Tropical Storm Fred weakening as it moves through AtlanticTropical Storm Fred is weakening out in the Atlantic Ocean. Located 525 miles west-northwest of the Cape Verde islands, the storm's maximum sustained winds are reaching 45 mph. The storm's northwesterly trajectory is expected to continue over the next few days. Hurricane center officials expect the storm to be downgraded to a post-tropical cyclone later […]
- Labor Day weekend to bring cooler temps, sunny skies and open roadsThe extended Labor Day holiday from work this weekend also should bring a break from temperatures in the 90s. If the forecast holds, we could see mostly sunny skies with highs in the low 80s, said National Weather Service meteorologist Wayne Albright.
- Weather: Highs in the 90s, slight chance of rainTemperatures will creep into the low 90s today under mostly sunny skies. There’s a slight chance of rain and thunderstorms in the afternoon, National Weather Service forecasters are predicting. Temperatures will fall into the low 70s overnight as clouds roll in, and the odds of rain will remain at 20 percent.
- Moderate risk of rip currents today along Outer BanksDangerous rip currents could form today along the Outer Banks. A moderate risk is expected from 8 a.m. through this evening, according to the National Weather Service. Stay calm if you find yourself caught in a rip current. Swim parallel to shore, then head back to the beach gradually after you’re free from the current’s […]
- Fred, now a tropical storm, expected to continue weakeningTropical Storm Fred was continuing to move away from the Cape Verde Islands this morning. The storm, now with sustained winds of 65 mph, was moving west-northwest at 12 mph, according to the National Hurricane Center.
- Weather: Fog, sun with slight chance of rain on horizonAfter patchy fog this morning, we should see partly sunny skies, according to the National Weather Service website. Temperatures will reach into the high 80s and be joined by a breeze of about 5 mph. We'll have a slight chance for storms this afternoon and evening when temperatures will drop into the low 70s before clearing […]
- Hurricane Fred moves over Cape Verde IslandsHurricane Fred was dumping heavy rain on the Cape Verde Islands this morning with a storm surge that could bring life-threatening flash floods. The storm was expected to produce up to 10 inches of rain in some areas of the islands.
- Moderate risk of rip currents from Virginia Beach to Outer BanksSwim with someone else or near lifeguards today because there is a moderate risk of rip currents from Virginia Beach to the Outer Banks. The risk runs through this evening, according to the National Weather Service. Anyone caught in a rip current should remain calm and swim parallel to the shore. Once you’re free of […]
- Weather: Rain possible this afternoonPrepare for rain today. The high temperature will max out in the upper-80s this afternoon, and come with a southwest breeze blowing around 7 mph, National Weather Service forecasters are predicting There’s a 30 percent chance of rain in the afternoon, with thunderstorms possible. Expect less than a tenth of an inch of rain, with […]
- Weather: Partly sunny, highs in the upper 80sSunshine, followed by a chance of rain, lies ahead over the next few days. Today, it should be partly sunny with highs in the upper 80s. Tonight, there's a slight chance of rain after 2 a.m. On Monday, the clouds and rain could stick around, with highs in the upper 80s. That night, it'll cool […]
- Tropical Storm Fred weakening as it moves through Atlantic
Portsmouth Injury Tagsaccident accidents attorney attorneys car carbon monoxide cars child congestion Cooper Cooper Hurley crash defective products Downtown Tunnel drunk driving DUI Hampton Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Hurley hurt I-64 I-95 injured injuries injury John Cooper lawyer lawyers loss of life Midtown Tunnel Newport News Norfolk pedestrian Portsmouth Portsmouth injury lawyer Portsmouth Redevelopment and Housing Authority seat belt truck trucks VA VDOT Virginia Virginia Beach wreck wrongful death
Tag Archives: Hickory Fork Road
By Jim Hurley, Portsmouth, VA Wrongful Death Lawyer In a new blog on the Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys site my colleague John Cooper writes about the death of a pedestrian in Gloucester County, VA. The driver involved in this accident was charged … Continue reading