Contact Our Attorneys
Portsmouth AV Rated Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Better Business Bureau Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth, VA Multi Million Dollar Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Super Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Injury Categories
- Air crashes
- Birth injuries
- Bus crashes
- Car accidents
- Client testimonials
- Dangerous drugs
- Downtown Tunnel
- Fatal accidents
- Gas leaks
- Medical malpractice
- Midtown Tunnel
- Military families
- Passenger injuries
- Pedestrian accidents
- personal injury
- Pregant women
- Premises Liability
- Product liability
- Railroad accidents
- red light runners
- Seat belts
- Single vehicle wrecks
- Teen drivers
- Truck accidents
- Unborn children
- Work zone accidents
- Wrongful death
- Portsmouth Car Accident Lawyer Report : Downtown Tunnel Sees the Most Crashes
- Alcohol Makes Fourth of July Holiday the Deadliest on the Roads of the USA
- Tunnel Congestion Causes Accidents in Portsmouth, VA
- Three Are Injured in Accidents on I-164 in Portsmouth, VA
- Virginia State Police Investigate How Two Pedestrians Were Hit and Injured on I-264 in Portsmouth
Helping Our Portsmouth Clients
If you have been hurt in a car, truck or motorcycle crash or by a fall or on a railroad, we are here to help. We are here to help if you have lost a loved one through the fault of another. The Cooper Hurley Law Firm has decades of experience in personal injury cases.
We work with personal injury cases only and serve the residents of Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Newport News, Hampton, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Portsmouth and the Eastern Shore of Virginia as well as north eastern North Carolina.
We offer free consultation and can come to you if you can't come to use.
Call (757) 455-0077 to make an appointment at our Norfolk office.
- Photos | Easter Vigil Mass in Portsmouth April 20, 2014...
- Man shot in the leg after fight in Portsmouth April 19, 2014PORTSMOUTH A man was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries after he was shot in the leg on Manly Street early this morning. Police were called to the area of 30 Manly Street before 1 a.m. for gunshots heard, according to a news release. They found a man who was injured and he was transported to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.
- U.Va.'s Mitchell happy to do the dirty work April 19, 2014PORTSMOUTH Sure, Akil Mitchell muted his individual goals at Virginia for the greater good. It’s what coach Tony Bennett asks, and it’s what players at U.Va. give if they want to see the court. […]
- Police: Vases being stolen from Portsmouth cemetery April 18, 2014PORTSMOUTH At least 15 valuable bronze vases have been stolen this month from grave markers at Evergreen Memorial Park, police said Friday. The first reported theft at the cemetery occurred between April 7 and 9, a news release said. A relative found five vases missing from the markers of family.
- Police ID man found dead on Grove St. in Portsmouth April 18, 2014PORTSMOUTH Police are investigating the death of a man found in a car on Grove Street early this morning, said Detective Misty Holley, a department spokeswoman. A call to 911 came at 2:54 a.m. asking police to check on the man, who was sitting in the car near the 70 block of Grove St. They found him dead, likely from a gunshot wound to his upper torso, when […]
- E-ZPass tunnel tolls start posting Friday April 18, 2014PORTSMOUTH An international corporation's lack of expertise with its new tolling system appears to be at the root of problems that have bedeviled operations and frustrated users of the Downtown and Midtown tunnels since Feb. 1.
- Coast Guard cutter heading home to Portsmouth April 18, 2014PORTSMOUTH A Coast Guard cutter is heading back to Virginia waters after intercepting more than $100 million in cocaine in the Caribbean. The Legare is scheduled to return to its Portsmouth homeport on Saturday after a 49-day patrol. The Caribbean patrol included two high seas drug busts.
- Stars no longer come, but PIT retains a shine of its own April 18, 2014My name is Ed. I like the PIT. There, I said it. Don't judge. Maybe I'm just a gym rat who needs a hobby. I've been to the past 25 or so PITs, often on assignment, just as often on my own time. In that time, I've come to some realizations.
- PIT roundup | Buffalo forward shines April 17, 2014PORTSMOUTH University of Buffalo forward Javon McCrea scored a game-high 21 points and Norfolk Sports Club beat K&D Round's Landscaping 71-66 in the opening game of the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament on Wednesday at Churchland High. VCU forward Juvonte Reddic chipped in nine points and nine boards for NSC, which shot 43 percent from the field an […]
- Portsmouth's nTelos to host free live music series April 16, 2014The nTelos Wireless Pavilion to host Chillin' at the Pavilion every Thursday evening in May on the Pavilion Plaza from 5 to 8 p.m. The event is free. Chillin’ at the Pavilion entertainment schedule is as follows: • Thursday, May 1st – Tom Browne • Thursday, May 8th – Against All Odds • Thursday, May 15th – The Next Measure […]
- Photos | Easter Vigil Mass in Portsmouth April 20, 2014
Cooper Hurley Sites
Virginia Personal Injury Lawyers
Virginia Beach Car and Truck Accident Attorneys
Norfolk, VA Car and Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyers
Suffolk, VA Accident Injury Lawyers
Virginia Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Chesapeake Truck and Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Hampton Car and Truck Injury Lawyers
Virginia Brain Injury Attorneys
Newport News Car and Truck Accident Lawyers
Eastern Shore of Virginia Injury Lawyers
Virginia Wrongful Death Lawyers
Virginia Railroad/FELA Injury Lawyers
North Carolina Injury Attorney
Cooper Hurley Books
Your Rights When You Are Injured on the Railroad
- WEEKLY LANE CLOSURE FORECAST, APRIL 20-26This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- OVERNIGHT LANE, RAMP CLOSURES AND TRAFFIC STOPS SCHEDULED ON SECTIONS OF I-64 AND I-664 ON THE PENINSULAThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- HOV REVERSIBLE ROADWAY TO CLOSE FOR MAINTENANCEThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- REMINDER: I-264 WEST DOWNTOWN TUNNEL OVERNIGHT CLOSURES SCHEDULED THIS FRIDAY AND SATURDAYThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- Weekly Lane Closure Forecast, April 13 through 19This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- VDOT REVISES I-264 LANE CLOSURE SCHEDULE THIS WEEKEND TO ALLEVIATE COMMUTE TO AREA EVENTSThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- Weekly Lane Closure Forecast, April 6 through 12This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- TREXLER AVE. AND MANTEO ST. IN PORTSMOUTH TO CLOSE TO THROUGH TRAFFIC FOR PROJECT CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIESThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- REMINDER: I-264 WEST DOWNTOWN TUNNEL OVERNIGHT CLOSURES RESUME THIS FRIDAYThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-264 EAST FREDERICK BLVD. OFF-RAMP TO CLOSE FOR UP TO 18 MONTHSThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- WEEKLY LANE CLOSURE FORECAST, APRIL 20-26
- Portsmouth Judicial Center
Move Schedule Announced07/27/2012
- "Cool City" Cooling Stations Activated07/26/2012
- Mosquito Control Tips07/24/2012
- Portsmouth in Postcards - Presented by Keith & Pam Atkins07/20/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony Held07/20/2012
- Cooling Stations Activated July 18-1907/18/2012
- Coast Guard City Celebration August 2 – 407/17/2012
- 26th Annual Gospelrama August 4-507/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony07/16/2012
- Hurricane Preparedness Reminder07/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Move Schedule Announced
- Weather: Breezy Sunday, mostly sunny skiesToday will be breezy, with a high near 60 degrees. Clouds will gradually clear throughout the day, leaving mostly sunny skies, according to the National Weather Service. Monday is expected to be mostly sunny, with a high in the low to mid-60s. There is a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon Tuesday, and temperatures will be in the mid […]
- Weather | Cool temps continue through the weekendThe recent lower-than-normal temperatures are expected to stick around Hampton Roads through the weekend. The chance for rain increases during the day today, when highs should be in the upper 50s. Any rain should taper off tonight, when lows should be near 50. Easter Sunday is looking partly sunny, with highs in the low 60s. Lows Sunday night should be near […]
- Weather: Partly sunny with temps in the upper 50sHighs today should be in the upper 50s under partly sunny skies. Winds of 13 to 15 mph will be coming out of the northeast, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight it should be mostly cloudy with temperatures in the mid-40s. There is a chance of rain overnight and into Saturday.
- Weather: Partly sunny, temperatures in the mid-50sIt should be partly sunny today with highs in the mid-50s, according to the National Weather Service. Cool, high pressure was settling over the Mid-Atlantic overnight when lows were going to be in the upper 30s. We're going to continue seeing cooler than average temperatures throughout the region. Tonight, lows should be in the mid-40s under mostly clou […]
- High winds could leave cargo ship aground for daysVIRGINIA BEACH The wind at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel wafted from the southwest at 16 mph Tuesday evening. Just a few minutes later, the wind whirled and whipped from the north, and was gusting as high as 64 mph by 7:42 p.m. as a front rolled through.
- FEMA chief to address U.S. hurricane conferenceORLANDO, Fla. Emergency managers, forecasters and local government officials from Texas to Maine are meeting this week at the National Hurricane Conference in Orlando. National Hurricane Center Director Rick Knabb and Federal Emergency Management Agency chief Craig Fugate will address the conference Wednesday.
- Tuesday storms usher in cooler temps todayThrow on another layer of clothing this morning because it’s still going to be chilly following Tuesday’s storms. Temperatures dropped about 30 degrees in an hour Tuesday night, and a freeze warning is in effect until 9 a.m. today for areas including Hampton, Newport News and Isle of Wight, James City and York counties.
- Rain, storms continue to move through Va., N.C.A cold front moving into the area today brought widespread showers and isolated thunderstorms. The National Weather Service in Wakefield reported about 1 to 2 inches of rain had fallen throughout the region, with some areas seeing as much as 2.5 inches. Another half-inch of rain was expected overnight.
- Weather: Mostly sunny with temps in the upper 70sIt will be mostly sunny today with highs in the upper 70s, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight clouds will be moving in as a strong cold front approaches from the west and there is a chance of showers after midnight. Temperatures should be in the low 60s.
- Weather: Warm temperatures continueThe warm weather continues. Today and Monday will be sunny, with highs in the upper 70s, according to the National Weather Service. Hampton Roads will start seeing some showers Tuesday, with a 40 percent chance of rain after 2 a.m. The chance of rain increases to 60 percent during the day, with thunderstorms possible after 2 p.m. Temperatures Tuesday are ex […]
- Weather: Breezy Sunday, mostly sunny skies
Portsmouth Injury Tagsaccident accidents attorney attorneys car carbon monoxide cars child congestion Cooper Cooper Hurley crash defective products Downtown Tunnel drunk driving DUI Hampton Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Hurley hurt I-64 I-95 injured injuries injury John Cooper lawyer lawyers loss of life Midtown Tunnel Newport News Norfolk pedestrian Portsmouth Portsmouth injury lawyer Portsmouth Redevelopment and Housing Authority seat belt truck trucks VA VDOT Virginia Virginia Beach wreck wrongful death
Tag Archives: Hickory Fork Road
By Jim Hurley, Portsmouth, VA Wrongful Death Lawyer In a new blog on the Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys site my colleague John Cooper writes about the death of a pedestrian in Gloucester County, VA. The driver involved in this accident was charged … Continue reading