Contact Our Attorneys
Portsmouth AV Rated Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Better Business Bureau Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth, VA Multi Million Dollar Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Super Accident Injury Lawyers
Portsmouth Injury Categories
- Air crashes
- Birth injuries
- Bus crashes
- Car accidents
- Client testimonials
- Dangerous drugs
- Downtown Tunnel
- Fatal accidents
- Gas leaks
- Medical malpractice
- Midtown Tunnel
- Military families
- Passenger injuries
- Pedestrian accidents
- personal injury
- Pregant women
- Premises Liability
- Product liability
- Railroad accidents
- red light runners
- Seat belts
- Single vehicle wrecks
- Teen drivers
- Truck accidents
- Unborn children
- Work zone accidents
- Wrongful death
- Portsmouth Car Accident Lawyer Report : Downtown Tunnel Sees the Most Crashes
- Alcohol Makes Fourth of July Holiday the Deadliest on the Roads of the USA
- Tunnel Congestion Causes Accidents in Portsmouth, VA
- Three Are Injured in Accidents on I-164 in Portsmouth, VA
- Virginia State Police Investigate How Two Pedestrians Were Hit and Injured on I-264 in Portsmouth
Helping Our Portsmouth Clients
If you have been hurt in a car, truck or motorcycle crash or by a fall or on a railroad, we are here to help. We are here to help if you have lost a loved one through the fault of another. The Cooper Hurley Law Firm has decades of experience in personal injury cases.
We work with personal injury cases only and serve the residents of Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Newport News, Hampton, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Portsmouth and the Eastern Shore of Virginia as well as north eastern North Carolina.
We offer free consultation and can come to you if you can't come to use.
Call (757) 455-0077 to make an appointment at our Norfolk office.
- Portsmouth church helps youth football team go to Fla. October 22, 2014PORTSMOUTH Call it divine intervention - or the greatest Hail Mary in the history of Cavalier Manor football. The Portsmouth Cavalier Spartans mitey mites - a hardworking band of 7- to 9-year-olds - has been struggling to raise money to play an exhibition game in Florida this December.
- Portsmouth church keeps hope alive for parcel October 20, 2014PORTSMOUTH Nine years ago, New Bethel Baptist Church purchased the blighted, crime-ridden rental complex next door with plans to redevelop it. The old Bonne Villa Apartments on Greenwood Drive had long been a problem for Cavalier Manor.
- TCC students volunteer to help victims of sexual assault October 19, 2014One out of five female students will be sexually assaulted while in college, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, but students at Tidewater Community College recently banded together to raise awareness and help make a difference for those who are victimized.
- Portsmouth pastor leaves his comfort zone to help people find theirs October 19, 2014Feeling overwhelmed? Almost everyone does at one time or another. And some people may feel that way much of the time. Michael Brueseke, senior pastor of Community Church on Jolliff Road, is having a five-week conversation about it with his congregants, who come from Portsmouth as well as Western Branch.
- Portsmouth police searching for robbery suspect October 19, 2014PORTSMOUTH Police are investigating an armed robbery of a convenience store that occurred tonight. Around 8, a man wearing a T-shirt over his face entered Old Town Market and Convnience in the 1500 block of Portsmouth Boulevard. He displayed a firearm and demanded money from the owner, according to a news release.
- Coast Guard rescues 2 near Wachapreague October 18, 2014PORTSMOUTH The Coast Guard rescued two men after their 17-foot boat ran aground on Cedar Island near Wachapreague. Watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector Hampton Roads received a report from a concerned friend Friday night saying the two men had departed on a planned 20-minute trip, but had been gone for about two hours. The person also said the men did not hav […]
- Free flu shots offered in Portsmouth October 17, 2014PORTSMOUTH Health officials are offering free flu shots today at Tidewater Community College. The drive-through vaccination clinic for people age 6 and older will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., according to a news release. Drivers should enter the facility at 120 Campus Drive off McLean Street.
- Council hopefuls trade jabs at Portsmouth forum October 16, 2014PORTSMOUTH City Council candidates didn't get ugly at a candidate forum Wednesday night, but it didn't take long for the first jab to be thrown. Former Portsmouth Sheriff Gary Waters, one of six candidates running for three seats in the Nov. 4 election, wedged a dig into his introduction at the Virginia Sports Hall of Fame & Museum.
- Downtown Tunnel to remain open this weekend October 14, 2014There will be no full closures of the Downtown Tunnel in either direction for the rest of this week. The next full weekend closure of the eastbound tube is scheduled to begin at 8 p.m. on Oct. 24 and last until 5 a.m. on Oct. 27, according to Elizabeth River Crossings. It is scheduled to close again the following weekend, beginning Oct. 31.
- Wife of Portsmouth firefighter celebrates one year since heart transplant October 12, 2014Lisa McAllister-Marshall loves to feel the steady beat of her heart. “It just reminds me that I’m so lucky,” said the 40-year-old Norfolk resident. A year after undergoing a heart transplant, Lisa is relishing life.
- Portsmouth church helps youth football team go to Fla. October 22, 2014
Cooper Hurley Sites
Virginia Personal Injury Lawyers
Virginia Beach Car and Truck Accident Attorneys
Norfolk, VA Car and Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyers
Suffolk, VA Accident Injury Lawyers
Virginia Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Chesapeake Truck and Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Hampton Car and Truck Injury Lawyers
Virginia Brain Injury Attorneys
Newport News Car and Truck Accident Lawyers
Eastern Shore of Virginia Injury Lawyers
Virginia Wrongful Death Lawyers
Virginia Railroad/FELA Injury Lawyers
North Carolina Injury Attorney
Cooper Hurley Books
Your Rights When You Are Injured on the Railroad
- I-64 FULL DIRECTIONAL TRAFFIC STOPS, LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED FOR WEEKEND OVERNIGHT WORKThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-264 LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED TONIGHT; I-264/I-64 WEEKNIGHT RAMP CLOSURES SCHEDULED OCTOBER 19-24This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- WEEKLY LANE CLOSURE FORECAST, OCT. 19 THROUGH 25This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- NO FULL TUNNEL CLOSURES AT I-264 DOWNTOWN TUNNELThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- WEEKLY LANE CLOSURE FORECAST, OCT. 12 THROUGH 18This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-264 DOWNTOWN TUNNEL CLOSURE SCHEDULE, 10-6-14This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- WORK ON I-64 WEST RAMP NEAR I-264 EAST COLLECTOR LANES SET FOR OCTOBER 12-16This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-264 LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED THIS WEEKEND;I-264/I-64 WEEKNIGHT RAMP CLOSURES SCHEDULED OCTOBER 5 – 10This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- WEEKLY LANE CLOSURE FORECAST, OCT. 5 THROUGH 11This file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- LONDON BOULEVARD SOUTH OFF-RAMP FROM US 58 WESTThis file is in PDF format, requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.
- I-64 FULL DIRECTIONAL TRAFFIC STOPS, LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED FOR WEEKEND OVERNIGHT WORK
- Portsmouth Judicial Center
Move Schedule Announced07/27/2012
- "Cool City" Cooling Stations Activated07/26/2012
- Mosquito Control Tips07/24/2012
- Portsmouth in Postcards - Presented by Keith & Pam Atkins07/20/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony Held07/20/2012
- Cooling Stations Activated July 18-1907/18/2012
- Coast Guard City Celebration August 2 – 407/17/2012
- 26th Annual Gospelrama August 4-507/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Dedication Ceremony07/16/2012
- Hurricane Preparedness Reminder07/16/2012
- Portsmouth Judicial Center Move Schedule Announced
- Weather: Mostly sunny with highs of 65 degreesIt should be mostly sunny today with highs of about 65 degrees. Expect winds of 16 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight it should be partly cloudy with temperatures in the low 50s. Friday, Saturday and Sunday should be sunny with highs in the upper 60s. Temperatures each night should be in the low 50s.
- Weather: Mostly cloudy, low 60s and a chance of rainThere is a 50 percent chance of rain today, but it should otherwise be mostly cloudy with highs in the low 60s, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight a slight chance of showers will remain, but it should be mostly cloudy with lows of about 50 degrees. Thursday should be mostly sunny with temperatures in the low 60s. Lows on Thursday night should […]
- Weather: Mostly sunny, low 70s, with rain possibleIt should be mostly sunny today and then there is a 20 percent chance of showers this afternoon. High temperatures should be in the low 70s, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight there is a 30 percent chance of showers after about 8 p.m. It should otherwise be mostly cloudy with temperatures in the low 50s.
- Weather: Sunny with temps in the upper 60sIt should be sunny with highs in the upper 60s today. Cool, Canadian high pressure will become centered over the region into today, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight should be partly cloudy with lows in the mid-50s.
- Weather | Sunny, highs in mid-70sSkies should be sunny around Hampton Roads this weekend, though cooler temperatures are on the way. Overnight should bring clear skies and lows in the mid-50s. Saturday should be sunny, with highs in the mid-70s. Lows at night should dip to near 50. Sunday should be sunny, but highs likely will top out in the low 60s. Lows at night should be in the mid-40s. […]
- Powerful Hurricane Gonzalo slams into BermudaHAMILTON, Bermuda The leading edge of Hurricane Gonzalo moved onto Bermuda on Friday evening, pounding the British territory with fierce wind and heavy surf as a powerful Category 3 storm that could raise coastal seas as much as 10 feet.
- Weather: Sunny with temperatures in the mid-70sToday and Saturday should be sunny and clear with highs in the mid-70s and lows in the 50s. A dry cold front will cross the region on Saturday, according to the National Weather Service, and Canadian high pressure should build in from the northwest over the weekend. Sunday should be sunny with highs in the mid-60s. Lows Sunday night should be in the upper 40 […]
- Bermuda braces for Category 4 Hurricane GonzaloHAMILTON, Bermuda People on the tiny British territory of Bermuda rushed Thursday to batten down for Hurricane Gonzalo, which was roaring toward them as a powerful Category 4 storm just days after a tropical storm damaged homes and knocked down trees and power lines.
- Forecasters: No polar vortex expected this winterWASHINGTON If you thought last winter was a horror show, with cold blasts from the polar vortex and a lack of California rain, here's some good news: No sequel is expected this year, federal forecasters say.
- New research tank may aid hurricane forecastsMIAMI When hurricanes sweep across the ocean’s surface, they whip up a foamy mix of sea and air, swapping energy in a loop that can crank up the force of powerful storms.
- Weather: Mostly sunny with highs of 65 degrees
Portsmouth Injury Tagsaccident accidents attorney attorneys car carbon monoxide cars child congestion Cooper Cooper Hurley crash defective products Downtown Tunnel drunk driving DUI Hampton Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Hurley hurt I-64 I-95 injured injuries injury John Cooper lawyer lawyers loss of life Midtown Tunnel Newport News Norfolk pedestrian Portsmouth Portsmouth injury lawyer Portsmouth Redevelopment and Housing Authority seat belt truck trucks VA VDOT Virginia Virginia Beach wreck wrongful death
Tag Archives: Hickory Fork Road
By Jim Hurley, Portsmouth, VA Wrongful Death Lawyer In a new blog on the Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys site my colleague John Cooper writes about the death of a pedestrian in Gloucester County, VA. The driver involved in this accident was charged … Continue reading